Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I opened my Christmas present, the PT-22 (Model 22BSYN) blued slide, synthetic black grips.
A few observations:

The first is.. that like other guns.. this had "a lot" of grease that they put on before shipping. I cleaned the pistol of all of that grease, then gave it another cleaning with some hoppe's #9 solvent.

The next thing I did, was to put some gun oil on it. On this first round, I decided to use regular Remington gun oil.. some people like it some don't. We will see how it goes with that.

Like others have posted, the slide is really hard to rack off the get go, that circumvented by the "tip up" feature of the barrel, so racking the slide is a non-issue.. however.. I still wanted to work on that. After putting the gun oil the side, I was able to rack it and even hold the slide open with my index finger on the front. It's still a bit hard to open, but I think that will get after a few hundred rounds.

The magazine looks pretty good, but again, I had to clean the grease and then put some gun oil on the mag. Now it is way better inserting and extracting the mag from the gun.

The feed ramp is "mirrored polished", that was really nice to see and I do not see any hang-ups, machine marks or corners.

I'm going to try to get out to the range in a few days, I have the following ammo that I am trying out (all round nose, no HP's):
- Remington match standard velocity with Eley primmers
- Magtech Standard velocity ammo. (these were on sale for $3.99 for 50 rounds)-
- Federal match, high velocity ammo
- CCI High Velocity Mini mags, people have said these are the best for this gun.

I'll try to get some pictures up.. things are currently "Christmas aftermath" at the Happy Tom house. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Congrats, on the new PT-22.

Reactions: HappyTom

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Sweet! I have been steadily froglubing my PT22 for a while. Its been great. Mine has cycled pretty much any ammo I have fed her: TAC 22, Federal, CCI, and Aguila. You enjoy her and let us know how your range trip goes.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy the new gun.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! I have been steadily froglubing my PT22 for a while. Its been great. Mine has cycled pretty much any ammo I have fed her: TAC 22, Federal, CCI, and Aguila. You enjoy her and let us know how your range trip goes.
Thanks, I may eventually use froglube on it... i've heard really great things in regards to froglube. The weather suppose to be in the 60's the next few days, so depending on how I feel.. I may go out. Right now, I feel as full as a tick (South Carolina slang). Merry Christmas.

·
22,294 Posts
DSC01184.JPG

Good report! Now give us some PICTURES!

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new pistol.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Congrats on the new PT-22, the wife inherited one from her father's estate.

Good little gun when you find what it likes, so far hers is CCI standard velocity.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I tried to go out yesterday to the range.. I had a gut feeling that there would be no lanes open as everyone was off and wanting to shoot there new firearms. And sure enough.. so many people stacked up and even "behind" each lanes waiting for the lane to be open... and also no parking! LOL! So I turned around and went home. I'll try next weekend, and as the saying goes: "start early in the day". I was happy regardless as I was off from work still. I will try to take a photo of it tonight if I remember. ;-)

·
22,294 Posts
That never happens in the canyon where I shoot. Of course, it's probably 20 degrees or below there right now... Better luck next trip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts