Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm shooting my new PT111 the slide cap rotates slightly.(clockwise) It doesn't really affect anything at this point, It just kind of annoys me. Is this common?

Rodger

·
Registered
7 Posts
New member, question for PT140 slide cap

Hello all, recently purchased my wife a MilPro PT140. Took it to the range to break it in, the Slide Cap popped off, part number 1.15 I believe, just happened to land in the ammo container where she saw it. It covers the green plastic end of the firing pin mechanism, doesn't look to be broken anywhere, however, when you push it back on, it is easily removed with a little wiggle and obviously popped off again after being replaced and the gun being fired. Has anyone else had this problem? or know whats going on? Thought I would ask here prior to testing the Taurus Customer Service. Thanks.

·
Administrator
39,383 Posts
Re: New member, question for PT140 slide cap

Just call CS, and explain what happened. It's probably sprung. I think they'll send you a new one.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yeah, looks as if the part on this thread in the photo has a curved bottom, the piece is broken.

·
Administrator
39,383 Posts

You realize, the pistol will function just fine without the plug. It is only a dust cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yeah, she ran another 100 or so rounds through with it off, no worries.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

We’re mighty glad to welcome you to the forum!

You will find TaurusArmed.net to be chock full of helpful information, staffed by wise moderators, and frequented by knowledgeable and friendly Taurus guys and gals who don't mind sharing their experiences with you.

Enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
36,032 Posts

DUCT TAPE is our friend!
well if you are a male it is!!
get the black color though!, not the grey!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Mil Pro slide cap question

this is an old post but the slide cap on my Pro145, 3rd. generation, came off during my initial firing and has not been seen since... is this a major problem or has anyone else lost their ............. "slide cap" and how do I keep the next one... assuming I can order or get another... to stay on... or do I actually need it??????????????

I think I am identifying the proper part number.... it is shown as item... 1.15 in the parts list.... "slide cap".

·
Registered
11 Posts

duck tape... duct tape... uh............ somehow I want the real deal... but if it ain't needed... well, just leave it off.... yeah, I know, this was an old post... but I just experience the problem... I am sure others have had the same deal... oh, well... I still like the gun...............

BTW... VCU just beat Kansas......... go figure and UK just beat UNC............... Go Blue and horahhhh VCU.... I would sure like to see UK and VCU in the final.... sorry, got carried away..........

·
Registered
610 Posts

If the gun is less than a year old you can probably just call Taurus and they will mail you out a new one. The slide cap will keep lint and stuff out of the stiker but is not really necessary.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

I ordered three, along with a few other parts. What came sticks out about 3/16 in. I'd like to saw it off and smooth to fit but I'm sure I'll mess up the slide and I'd rather not. It covers the striker and doesn't interfere so I haven't done anything.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts

Duck tape? Cool! I have some in stainless. Aw, my gun is black.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts

Mine kept popping them off, and I noticed when I looked at it from the back the cap was sitting at an angle to the slide. Further examination revealed that the firing pin stop was sitting at a slight angle, the bottom of which was causing the cap to also sit at an angle. If you notice the mini frame has a groove in it that allows clearance for the plug, and with it sitting at an angle the corner at the top of the groove was able to make contact with the bottom of the cap, knocking it out. I ground the bottom of my firing pin stop so it would sit level at the bottom when installed, and put a little angle on it so it would catch the cap better. That keeps it away from the 'groove corner' and now it stays put. JAT

1 - 17 of 17 Posts