Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw an add in a magazine today for Meprolight. Said they make Novak night sights for the PT1911 and the 24/7 Taurus pistols. I'm going to do some more research on these!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I found a couple places that have these sights in stock for $123 shipped. I've never seen these before for a Taurus. Anyone use them? What do you think?

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I'm going to order a set at the end of the month.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a set of the 24/7 model on my PT845. They work great. I've read in someplaces that night sights can be too bright in the dark and obscure or blur your sight picture. I don't have any issues like that with the Meprolights. The only problem I has was stripping out my front sight screw hex head. Decided to cut my losses and let a gunsmith do it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Are these available through Meprolight or another website?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Meprolight are top quality tritium sights.....I have them on all my Glocks.

That would be excellent if they produced them for the PT1911.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I found a sale, a while ago, at OpticsPlanet. Got them for my PT1911(& Ruger SR9C), and $20 for 'smith to install. Very happy!! I'll probably try FO or TFO on the next ones. I have TFO's on the Sig P238, SWEET!!! :)

Too bad nobody makes them for the PT92-series. :(

·
Registered
36,465 Posts
Saw an add in a magazine today for Meprolight. Said they make Novak night sights for the PT1911 and the 24/7 Taurus pistols. I'm going to do some more research on these!
Just remember that all 24/7's don't have the same base cut!
I think the change was when they went to the D/S series?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
If memory serves me correctly the sights are made in Israel, and these days they are imported by Kimber. They of course are more expensive on the Kimber site. As to the quality, they have always been known as being a bit better than their competitors. They are brighter and last longer too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts