1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The phone rings and the lady of the house answers, "Hello."
"Mrs. Ward, please."

"Speaking."

"Mrs. Ward, this is Doctor Jones at the Medical Testing Laboratory.
When your doctor sent your husband's biopsy to the lab yesterday, a
biopsy from another Mr. Ward arrived as well, and we are now uncertain
which one is your husband's. Frankly the results are either bad or
terrible."

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Ward asks nervously.

"Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the
other one tested positive for AIDS. We can't tell which is your
husband's."

"That's dreadful! Can't you do the test again?" questioned Mrs. Ward.
"Normally we can, but Medicare will only pay for these expensive tests
one time."

"Well, what am I supposed to do now?"

"The people at Medicare recommend that you drop your husband off
somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep
with him."

Reactions: jimbo44

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Typical of what the idiots in congress come up with!!!

You could do what I did when they switched me over to a different doctor for a scheduled treatment. He apparently screwed it up and I ended up receiving no benefit at all from the treatment. Well when the hospital called to check on how I was doing I told them that the treatment done absolutely nothing for me unlike the first one from the doctor I was supposed to have do this one. They finally said that they had contacted the doctor who ordered the treatment and I could have another one, so we began discussing who was going to pay for the additional treatment after about a month of living on pain pills they agreed that they would reverse all the charges for the screwed up treatment and only bill for the replacement treatment. I learned that the doctor who ordered the treatments had commented that the doctor who done the second treatment should not be paid for it?

I had the replacement treatment about 10 days ago and have experienced about a 95 percent reduction in the back pain. I know that bitching is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it and personally I don't give a Rosey Red Rat's A** what somebody thinks about my standing up for what I feel is right!!!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
What do you expect from the idiots we have in congress?

About ten days ago I had a medical procedure done at one of the local hospitals. I had the same procedure done last summer and got nearly 100 percent relief. The doctor who ordered it had told me that it often takes several treatments to achieve long term relief, so when the pain got to be bad enough that I could hardly get around again I scheduled another treatment in December with the same doctor who done the first treatment, well when I got there they had moved me to a different doctor and I heard him say he couldn't get the needles into the area that the prescribing doctor had ordered and so he moved the treatment sight! When the hospital called about two weeks later to see how I was doing I told them that I had recieved absolutely NO BENEFIT from the treatment. A few days later they called and said the prescribing doctor had said that they could do another treatment. I asked them who they expected to pay for it as I didn't think Medicare, my insurance, and I should have to pay again for something the second doctor evidently screwed up. Well it took about a month of living on pain killers before they agreed that they would reverse the charges for the screwed up procedure, when I had the repalcement done. I had the replacement treatment done about ten days ago and have gotten between 90 and 95 percent relief from the pain, so now we will see if they follow through and reverse the charges for the screwed up treatment?

Yes, I know that bitching is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it, and I personally don't give a Rosey Red Rat's A** if some people don't like it when I stand up and fight for what I believe is right!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Smiley face.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
I don't tolerate insulin well, so I take a cocktail of meds to help control my glucose. It's to the point where all the meds I'm taking aren't being covered by my insurance... Why the heck am I paying for insurance, then?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts