Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Cheaper Than Dirt for the Mec Gar MCGPT9218AFC. It appears to be the mag that I want, but the Mec-Gar site has it entitled MGPT9218. Why does the Cheaper Than Dirt site have the letters AFC behind the number? Is it the same mag? There is about a ten dollar price difference, with Cheaper Than Dirt being the lower price.

Anyone know why they add letters to the mag numbers? It is like that for the 15 round mag also.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Although many may not realize it, but MecGar magazine are often among the best made and most reliable magazines on the market.

Many of the major firearms manufacturers and name-brand third party pistol parts company simply re-brand MecGar mags and sell them as their own.
A few honest companies that do that will say that they are MecGar. If you find a major gun factory branded mag that is marked "Made in Italy" it is very likely a MecGar.
There are a LOT of them out there.

Enjoy it, and good shooting!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there another place to get the Meg-gars for a good price? CheaperThanDirt has pretty good prices, but I'm always looking for a better deal. Just wondering if anyone has any info on a better deal? I'm hoping to get as many 20-rounders for my 917c as my current budget allows.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Is there another place to get the Meg-gars for a good price? CheaperThanDirt has pretty good prices, but I'm always looking for a better deal. Just wondering if anyone has any info on a better deal? I'm hoping to get as many 20-rounders for my 917c as my current budget allows.
You should check with CDNN also, but if you're in TX. you gotta pay tax and shipping anyway. Sometimes you can just find them in a store for that $$.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts