Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings -- Brand new here, my first post. Recently bought a pair of NEW 731 snubbies in 32 H&R. They are both trainwrecks, and I'll be sending back to Taurus for Multiple repairs on each. I've been hearing such good things about Taurus' improved quality, & my sister has a couple of really nice Taurus revolvers. So, I bought with confidence. The fit & finish is so bad that the guns don't function properly, don't shoot to point of aim, not to mention several cosmetic flaws. I see that this model is no longer listed on the Taurus website -- Does anybody have any idea WHEN Taurus quit making these? Were they made a long time ago, before Taurus improved their quality? The original oil/mfg lube is dried out and turned to varnish -- bought these a month ago from Buds.

I'm very grateful that you guys provided the TollFree # for CS -- THANKS! Also, I HOPE to get Taurus to foot the bill for $hipping -- any advice would be appreciated -- I'm a new Taurus owner.

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get as many as 8 different problems fixed on one gun, without having to send it back several times?? I can certainly type up VERY detailed descriptions of the problems, using Taurus' terminology for their parts, but these days I find it hard to get more than one problem fixed at a time, whether it be car, lawnmower, or firearm. Any hints on how to effectively deal with Taurus would be appreciated. Love the Forum, .32Calibre.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Like you I just bought a 731, supposedly NEW. I haven't shot it yet. Only got it a week & half ago. I was surprised a NEW gun would look like the one I have even though I got the box and warranty card. I almost suspect this gun may have been used at this dealers indoor gun range ???
I suspect I will have to send it to Taurus sometime. Good that they have the lifetime warranty.
I like the gun, I wanted a 32 mag for home protection. Probably won't shoot it to much at $1 a round.
I just bought a Taurus 94SS5, and it was definitely NEW and I am very happy with it so far.
Good Luck with your 731.
Bill W.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
.32Calibre are yours the ultralight version? The TaurusUSA website can give you their date of manufacture if you use the "Find my model" page. I seem to recall the 731ULs coming out around 2010 maybe with production ending in 2011. Now there are some older ones out there in Titanium (I have one from around 2003 with a matte blue finish), and even older ones with a "bright" stainless steel finish (1990s). I have a picture, in here somewhere, of my model 741 which is the same as a 731 except it has adjustable sights.

You might want to check with Bud's and see if they'll make it right and either send them back for you or replace them. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

Coop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.