Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a consult with the surgeon today.

Not the news we were hoping for :(
Looks like her lingering complications are more of an issue then we thought.
Having extensive scopes and scans in the morning to get a new plan of attack.
Nothing sure yet but the surgeon is leaning towards putting off all surgeries at this point.

Best case, he finds the complication isn't as bad as he fears and will be a simple operation.
Next case is getting a team of surgeons, going over all scans, scopes and planning a much more invasive procedure in the near future. Which will mean another trip back up here.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me or possibly the realist, but I'm expecting at least 3 more trips back here over the next 6-9 months.

Reactions: Panda and Wolf1477

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Hang in there, my friend. You can't hurry the healing process. Caution is the best path to take now....

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I wish her a full and complete recovery.

As scalpel says, somethings are best not rushed and it sounds like you have good quality care for her!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Hang tough. 5 years ago, I was given a 3% to 5% chance of surviving. Other than gaining a big gut , I am still kicking hard as ever.

I was told that attitude means everything. be strong, be hard headed and do not be afraid.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
We'll keep praying for y'all.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Easy from the comfort of my couch; Stay Positive! You've got the world's best and brightest working this. They'll make it happen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't have the answers for you, I can however offer you my thoughts and prayers for a brighter tomorrow. This is the season of wonderment, joy and surprise. Let's be prepared to be amazed and remain positive as the future has yet to be seen.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Paul,

I'm sure this is one of the most trying times that you've encountered in your lifetime, so my thoughts and prayers will continue to be lifted up for this uncertain process you all are going through.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone for the support and encouragement

Hopefully we'll get better news tomorrow, I'll give some updates late tomorrow

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Stay positive and strong my friend..Prayers for a full recovery..

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The hardest part of anything is the uncertainty of not knowing what lies ahead.Have faith as you pray for you are not alone.We are praying with you.Try to enjoy each moment in TODAY as you can.

·
10,379 Posts
That's too bad, I was hoping for a quick and easy solution for ya'll, but, she's in great hands over there so hang tough. While it seems everything's at a crawl once they get everything back to true you'll be amazed at how quickly it was accomplished.

Best wishes and feel free to give a shout if ya'll need anything.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK here's where we are now.

Scans/scopes today brought us very good news. :)
The repair is going to be an "easy" fix. Well easier anyway.. nothing easy at this point, but it will be the easier possibilities.

We're done here for now. Looks like another trip back here in about 3 months. Then another one a few months after that.

Thanks for all the prayers and support

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Glad to hear the good news!Sounds like Christmas came a few days early for you and yours!

Still, one day down the road, you will look back on the entire trip as a good thing, good times with family and outweighing the bad by far.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still, one day down the road, you will look back on the entire trip as a good thing, good times with family and outweighing the bad by far.
This trip has been nothing short of amazing

·
10,379 Posts
OK here's where we are now.

Scans/scopes today brought us very good news. :)
The repair is going to be an "easy" fix. Well easier anyway.. nothing easy at this point, but it will be the easier possibilities.

We're done here for now. Looks like another trip back here in about 3 months. Then another one a few months after that.

Thanks for all the prayers and support

Woohoo! That's great, glad it's the easier issue to fix. You do realize that in 6 months it'll be June, therefor beautiful up here and you will be required to take your family fishing to celebrate...pretty sure that's a Wisconsin/Minnesnowta law:D

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Woohoo! That's great, glad it's the easier issue to fix. You do realize that in 6 months it'll be June, therefor beautiful up here and you will be required to take your family fishing to celebrate...pretty sure that's a Wisconsin/Minnesnowta law:D
Those are the type of laws I can deal with.

Reactions: Wolf1477
1 - 20 of 22 Posts