Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been trying to decide between a few models of Taurus revolvers. It seems lately that there has not been a lot of revolver reviews for Taurus in the last few months. All or most of the reviews seem to be years older. Does anyone know why this is?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Evolution. Many people find pistols easier to handle than revolvers, there are many more caliber choices and pistols are where virtually all advances in firearms are concentrated.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I'm looking at getting a blue 4inch 66 not finding a lot of recent reviews about it.
OK, here's the deal. The Model 66 Taurus is ancient history, you won't find much in the current events section.

However, this is actually good news!!! Why, you ask? Because the 66 is a tried and true, battle tested bread an butter gun. Rock solid design, been around a longtime.

The only possible negative on a new model is that Taurus recently overdosed on stupid pills and "cheapened" the "blue" finish on their guns. They're not blue at all, but kind of a flat black. This however wouldn't stop me from buying one, I'm considering another revolver as we speak.

Go for it and post some pictures!

·
Registered
901 Posts
They're not blue at all, but kind of a flat black. This however wouldn't stop me from buying one, I'm considering another revolver as we speak.
Me neither.......I've got the itch leejack

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
190 Posts
Think that was bad, I still remember that first run, looked like really bad spray paint and would flake off.
I don't think they make anything In a good "HOT" blued finish anymore.
I have a M85 UL with the black finish It's not bad but, most places selling them still advertise them as "blued"....there not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts