Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the proper place to post this. I've been here maybe two weeks and I just bought a new PT 140 Friday. I got here because I was interested in the PT 140 and I'm a long time Taurus fan.

Im my lifetime I've read original articles by the old masters in gun magazines that used to be great, but have little more to offer than PC advice these days. Col. Jeff Cooper, Elmer Keith, as well as Massad Ayoob. Real men who put their lives on the line in a real world.

I learned a lot from them, and their advice has never done me wrong, so when I refer to what someone else said that echos their words and add some thoughts of my own I get shot down? No sir, I will not play games. What we do here is far too serious. I know you all want to talk about Taurus guns and feel safe among friends, well, maybe it is just me, but action is what's needed. Not just on this forum but in every state across this nation.

If we do not safeguard our rights they will be gone, and we can all move on to a lively discussion of water polo. I wonder what former rifleman in England talk about. Maybe the same thing former handgunners talk about in Canada. That is provided they aren't all dead from old age. :mad:

This nation is spinning wildly to the left and from what I see in the college courses I've taken lately and I know why. Not due to the topics of the courses, (save one I'm currently taking) but the people I've met in those classes. There is such a disconnect between people and the roots of this nation I'm amazed we're still here. :mad:

Like I said, maybe it's just me, but I'll be back when I calm down. That may be in time for the Taurus Phaser Mark III to be released.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah, most people I know, even some of my friends say "guns are bad," or "i dont like guns." When you talk to them more you find out that they have never even held a gun in their life let alone shot one. The media portrays guns as being violent so everybody believes them, even politicians. I think its pretty sad. My goal is to get my gf into guns, and definitely my kids in the future.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
My goal is to get my gf into guns, and definitely my kids in the future.
taurusman ....
Good for you, never too early to start someone on shooting :D

Reloaded ..
You posted in the right place :D
This nation is spinning wildly to the left and from what I see in the college courses I've taken lately and I know why. Not due to the topics of the courses, (save one I'm currently taking) but the people I've met in those classes. There is such a disconnect between people and the roots of this nation I'm amazed we're still here.
It is amazing how we have turned, the media is probably the worst offender..When I was a kid you only had one TV, now you have Internet and everyone has at least 2 or more TVs..
The information age is crazy right now :eek:..Heck!!, in Arizona we have electronic bill boards on the freeways..So whoever wants to put there ideas out in the world , it is pretty easy..

On the Good side, We also have ways to educate people on guns and rights using some of the same media resources.. ;)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
taurusman ....
Good for you, never too early to start someone on shooting :D

Reloaded ..
You posted in the right place :DIt is amazing how we have turned, the media is probably the worst offender..When I was a kid you only had one TV, now you have Internet and everyone has at least 2 or more TVs..
The information age is crazy right now :eek:..Heck!!, in Arizona we have electronic bill boards on the freeways..So whoever wants to put there ideas out in the world , it is pretty easy..

On the Good side, We also have ways to educate people on guns and rights using some of the same media resources.. ;)
Well said, Db! ;D

·
Administrator
35,309 Posts
I think if we see an Obama or Hillary win in November, we'll start seeing more meaningful articles in the gun mags. I frequently go back and review my old mags, from 1991 to 1996, and there was almost a furor over the state of how gunowners were being treated back then - 10 round mags, talk of a one gun per month quota for purchasing, the Brady Bill, and various other assaults on the second amendment. We have had 8 years of relative gun bliss, and it seems that the Dems are now, finally, afraid to openly attack gun ownership, at least that's what I got out of the couple of debates I've seen......not saying they won't try to further diminish our constitutional rights, but it won't be as overt, most likely. But if the left prevails in November, be ready for a resurgence of citizen rights, 2nd amendment, and other types of articles in our gun magazines.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The good thing is, I think some people are starting to realize that more gun control doesn't necessarily mean less crime. John Stossel on 20/20, for one, has done a few stories FOR gun ownership rights, and makes some good points. Anybody heard of Kennesaw, GA?

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
The presidential candidates are avoiding gun control right now because they know we vote. After the election, look for them to openly bring on their agendas. Right now they must be all things to all people. Say what you want to hear. :puke:

·
Registered
73 Posts
haunter said:
nope...do tell!
Well... Kennesaw Georgia is a special little town. Instead of making gun control laws, they made a law that every household in the town has to own AND maintain a firearm. In return, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the country, especially violent crime. Who wants to rob a house, or a store, or carjack someone who they KNOW has a gun!?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

·
Registered
329 Posts
Reloaded said:
This nation is spinning wildly to the left and from what I see in the college courses I've taken lately and I know why....
The nation is "spinning wildly to the left" because it has leaned so far to the right that it's time for a natural correction. This is the way it has always been thanks to our system for peaceful transfer of power between administrations. The radicals, on both sides, polarize to such a great extent that they keep us somewhere left or right of the middle, and (hopefully) away from the extremes.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have lived most of my life in the Baltimore Washington D.C. area and have had a Love ,Hate relationship with the media. I love to hate them. There are two quotes that i am reminded of:
1) General Sherman( Sorry to all below the Mason Dixon Line) "If we rounded up all the newspaper writers and shot them all by dusk, There would be news form Hell by dawn"
2) Herman Goebels (Adolf Hitlers PR guy) "Tell a lie, make it a big one, repeat it often, and it becomes the truth"

And from the man that made me feel proud to be an American again, President Ronald Reagan, "If we cease to tell the truth, the truth will no longer exist."

Lastly, "In order for evil to prosper, it takes good people to do nothing."

Be a good person and stand up and be stong. Evil will always fail when the truth is spoken.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Smokewagon said:
The presidential candidates are avoiding gun control right now because they know we vote. After the election, look for them to openly bring on their agendas. Right now they must be all things to all people. Say what you want to hear. :puke:
+1 i feel the exact same way.

they say they are for 2a but then turn around and say they're policy is to ban this or that.
it's shallow and deceptive.. because like you said they know gun owners vote.

if you own a gun you're probably thinking of 2a.. if you dont then it probably does'nt mean anything to anyone except the anti's..

there are more gun owners then dedicated anti's out there.. sure some people dont like guns but very few actually try to ban them.

so they're not gonna get many votes if they say "we're gonna ban them guns"

but they can't hide their true colors.. little bits slip out here and there and they have a history of either voting, or speaking out against guns in the past..

can't remember where i read it but i was reading a article about this the other day how candidates always try to look like they're pro 2a.. and almost always involves a hunting trip of some sort.. with the media in toe of course.

remember the story about john kerry.. it was duck hunting was'nt it? and the planted bird.

another thing it brought up is they always try to make them selves look like hunters and there for 2a..

but there is a lot more to guns then simply hunting.. there is target shooting either for fun or competition .. there are some people who only collect the guns not fire them.. it's like banning paintings or other works of art to those collectors.. then there are some people who have them just for SD/HD.

they dont make many friends of PITA and other animal groups when they hunt.. but those are much smaller then the gun owners, why dont they goto the gun range.. that way their shame of looking like a pro gun supporter can still be executed without pissing off the animal groups.

although obviously im pro 2a.. im pro all civil rights.. privacy, free speech, the whole shebang..

civil rights are very near and dear to me, without them America stops being America.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts