Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been trying to find about certain states that have a "may issue" ccw and found nothing. does anyone know about these states that have the "may issue" law?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My home state of Iowa is like that. It is up to the individual sheriff in each county and their discretion. Kind of sucks since you get 99 different interpretations of the law. My sheriff is really good about it, the county where my dad lives is another story. The guy won't give anybody a permit. We do have some legislation being introduced in the new session for shall issue. Hope it passes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jlentz said:
I don't know specify what you're looking for, but this may help.
http://www.handgunlaw.us/
yeah thats what i was looking at but says nothing in regards to "being able" to get a "may issue" ccw. the two states i was wondering about were CA and NJ.
j_haus said:
My home state of Iowa is like that. It is up to the individual sheriff in each county and their discretion.
so do you have one then? if so how did you go about obtaining one?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
j_haus said:
My home state of Iowa is like that. It is up to the individual sheriff in each county and their discretion. Kind of sucks since you get 99 different interpretations of the law. My sheriff is really good about it, the county where my dad lives is another story. The guy won't give anybody a permit. We do have some legislation being introduced in the new session for shall issue. Hope it passes.
We used to be like that up here in Minnesota. The Shall Issue is a much better system. Just wait for the anti's to start in with all their junk. Even with all the Mn/Ia jokes out there I doubt that Iowa has a more bloodthirsty population than their northern neighbors.

Good luck. Be nice to be able to carry in some of the surrounding states at some point. Something else to remember, Wis. don't have any sort of a carry law. May Issues does beat that.

Steelheart

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do have my Iowa ccw. The sheriff in my county is really good about issuing them. I had to take a ccw course that he approves of, get finger printed and had them run by the feds, and qualify with my pistol. The bad thing is that after I did all this I found out that it is what I needed for the Utah permit. As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. More training and class time can't hurt anyway, I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Davidk0031'
I've heard of them and am already signed up as a member. A lot of good info and people on their as you said. I've sent a couple emails off to my state reps urging them to support shall issue legislation as well. Hope we can get something passed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts