Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have no vested interest financially or otherwise in the sale of this Taurus ALR 1911

I know that a few here have often made mention of "if a 1911 ALR crossed their path" they would be interested. I was on GB the other night cruising the post and what appears to be a clean if not very clean ALR 1911 showed up. I sent the seller a message and asked for the serial number so as to run a check on the Taurus website. It shows to be a 2009 production run and also confirmed being an ALR. Currently the high bid is at $200 with a Buy It now of $350.

For those not familiar with the ALR, this is the lightweight version of the full size Taurus PT1911 that was discontinued a few years back.

I'll post a link if anyone has any interest in taking a gander. I would not under most circumstances share such information here on the forum, but given that these have become rare to come across I thought it may be alright to share this.

If this is in violation of the rules, please simply feel free to Forgive, Forget, and Delete this post. I'll take my reprimand in private please.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/791335070

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
That's actually a very good deal. I wish I had he cash.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I would just point out that I ASSUME that if one had any real problems with this it would be replaced with something else as taurus no long makes this, and IT MAY fall under the warranty of a discontinued weapon as well?
all that being said MY PT1911AL (NO RAIL) has been an excellent weapon and very accurate as well.
350 is a steal if you can get it for that and its in good condition, rails and 1911 don't work for me however.

Reactions: oso and jonrjen

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
Outstanding deal, I paid $605 for mine brand new in 2008. A really good gun.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
Outstanding deal, I paid $605 for mine brand new in 2008. A really good gun.
I picked mine up for 450 when they were closing them out and Larrys had them on sale, mine is the non railed version of course.
I do know a guy or 2 that lives immediately right behind Larrys in a mobile home (after all this is Alabama) that hesitated and didn't buy one at that great price however!--------:icon_censored:

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope someone here is awaiting a delivery on it. I fought with myself as to "BIN", Bid or Pass. I went with pass simply due to seldom firing the two PT1911s that I already own. One of which is the polished stainless, the other the standard black/blued from the years when Taurus knew how to apply a proper finish to a firearm.

I have been giving thought to selling one or both here of late. But, I have swapped out parts between the two pistols to make mirror image two tone 1911s (photo in avatar) and I have just been to lazy to take them both down and put them back to their original state.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I went after it but it was gone before I got logged in. No worries, I prefer a gun with a little heft, and I really want my next 1911 to be a properly built 10mm. Took a swing at a kimber today, but my trade offer didn’t stick.

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
I went after it but it was gone before I got logged in. No worries, I prefer a gun with a little heft, and I really want my next 1911 to be a properly built 10mm. Took a swing at a kimber today, but my trade offer didn’t stick.
have you checked out the Ruger SR1911 in 10 MM?
well built, stainless and around 750 here.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Administrator
35,622 Posts
I couldn't stand this thread without a couple of pictures, so here are pics of mine. ;D

Attachments

Reactions: Troll and jonrjen

·
Registered
36,871 Posts
OHHHH!!!
Goody---Show and tell!
heres my PT1911AL and the story is I have one and green wolf don't-----

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts