Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I might be well by the time that lovely lass returned but she's here now after being gone only two weeks.

She went to Miami with a complaint about FTEject. (See picture) She returned with a nice letter declaring the failure and the fix, as follows;

"EXTRACTION FAILURE Extractor does not release case" Resolution - REPLACED

You know me, I had to look. The original extractor had a rounded bottom and curved side. The new is machine-beveled, maybe even molded that way.

Now I 'm careful about cleaning around the extractor to make sure the hook is clean, clear and flexes as needed. This time I find the gun has been fired, cleaned and lubed geneously, I assume with BREAK FREE like the two samples provided.

My next chore is to get well enough to run off and SHOOT it. Yay!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Can't wait for the range report.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I'm curious to see if that fixed it too. There's been enough trying to figure this one out to sell tickets. :D

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I just hope "da man" gets his health back where he can go "blasting" again!!! Hang in there big boy!!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
See the year is already going to start off right. Both you and Maxine are fixed.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
See the year is already going to start off right. Both you and Maxine are fixed.
Ah yes! Thank the LORD for the miracle of modern medical procedures and kudos to Taurus for a lifetime warranty on their handguns!

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
:thumb::clap::yipee: Glad to see you two will be back in the fight when the zombies come. :D

Reactions: dallascj

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Bre, it doesn't get much better than coming home from being away and your gun is waiting for you. ;)

Be sure to let us know how she shoots !

Reactions: dallascj

·
Registered
612 Posts
This post was 6 months in the making.. glad to hear you have the girl back were she belongs, in the capable hands of her man.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and Maxine is home from her vacation in Miami! Let us know how she runs when you get her to the range!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, guys and gals. Your support means a lot to me. I'm grounded for a while yet, unless another shooter comes by and takes me and Maxine to the range. I'll be doing some dry-firing today to see if my hands are strong enough and I can hold a bead. I've already learned I can rack the slide and that's a plus. Yes, I want to go shoot but when I think of damaging my chest, well let's wait a little longer.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Slow and Easy there tough guy. I'm sure Maxine can wait for daddy. :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Range therapy. Yeah, that's what I need in the worst way.

I was so glad to see Maxine home that I gave her a new hairdo, uh, Williams Firesights.

The heart surgeon said today that I'm so well that he doesn't need to see me again, and that I can drive beginning next week.

So....guess what I'm going to be doing...... YES!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...Yes, I want to go shoot but when I think of damaging my chest, well let's wait a little longer.
Don't do anything to hinder a full recovery, my friend.

Of course, I'm sure your family is hammering you with the same admonitions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
She looks brand new, glad they didn't keep her to long down in Miami. :cool:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts