Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
A lot of great advice in that article ! Avoid the mobs and you are usually better off fighting someone on your own turf if you have to fight !

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
Better judged by 12 than carried by 6 is the refrain. But, best not to let yourself get into a situation where you must shoot in the first place. If you have to shoot, you've opened up the legal hornet's nest.

Besides, who really wants to take a life? Sure, I can't stand communists (aka democrats), but I don't wanna take a life, either. I'd rather BE the one getting shot. At least I'd be safe from the charges and I'd have no blood on my hands other than my own. :D The main reason I carry is to protect my wife.

I mean, I don't have that many years left. I'd as soon meet Jesus with one less sin to confess. I already don't know that I can remember everything to confess and if I did, I'd be there confessing for quite a while. :rofl:But, if threatened, I'm afraid my mind would go into full on mad dog mode. I have quite a temper I have to fight.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I love short, impact sentences, as I love this one when Ayoob is referring to 'mutually agreed combat':

"..The horizontal one will go to the hospital or the grave and the vertical one goes to jail..".

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Three words to live by: Avoidance Deterrence De-escalation
While that is usually the best course, the de-escalation doesn't seem to work with the rioters when they decide to assault.
De-escalation is normally thru conversation.....now it looks like like it needs to be thru superior firepower!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
While that is usually the best course, the de-escalation doesn't seem to work with the rioters when they decide to assault.
De-escalation is normally thru conversation.....now it looks like like it needs to be thru superior firepower!
Maybe, but when you start shooting into a crowd with a drum fed AK, lawyers, loss of money, steel bars, and the talking point of the week for all major media outlets are going to quickly follow. You might want to work on your superior avoidance skills first.

·
Premium Member
12,540 Posts
I really don't understand why anyone wishing to protest would put themselves in jeopardy by being with a crowd that included rioters, arsonists and looters. When the town around you is burning to the ground because of the actions of people within your group, then you're going to be guilty by association.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Or superior numbers.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts