Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a mass shooting in Miami recently, so far 2 dead 3 in critical condition, and 20 wounded. This was unusual in that there were 3 bad guys. It's been reported however that many of the wounded were minor wounds and the victims drove themselves to the hospital. Many were released from care the same day. Also it's been reported on other sites that not all the wounded were direct bullet wounds, including some that got injured escaping the gunfire. In almost all mass shooting someone is initially going to die, that is a sad fact. The key though is that in this case and many other cases, if some people can shoot back the number of dead and injured can be greatly reduced. The killers didn't have time to casually walk up to victims and finish them off, or other things that sometimes happen in some mass shootings. The 20 wounded could easily have been 20 more killed if no one fired back.

There is a video of the shooters getting out of a white SUV then getting back inside. Check out the time stamp. The first guy is seen running back to the SUV about 8 seconds after exiting the SUV. The actual time shooting is less than that. Why is that? :rolleyes:

“Three individuals exited that Pathfinder armed and opened fire on the crowd,” Aguiar said at a news conference Monday. “As a result of that initial shooting, several groups that were in the parking lot also armed themselves and opened fire toward the initial shooters.”

Responding officers found two people dead when they arrived, officials said. Twenty-one other people were injured, including a 17-year-old boy who was shot in the leg.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Fortunately, the probability that someone will return fire when fired upon is extremely high. I'd wager that even those paranoid guys who like to hang around on certain forums with seemingly nothing better to do than demoralize folks from exercising their rights to self-defense by painting the picture that every lawyer is the Boogeyman, every judge is the Devil, and every jury member is as impressionable as a small child, but only in the favor of the prosecution would return fire if it came down to it.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
"assault weapons", "mass shootings" no such thing or at lest, a term used by those who use them for their agenda not what it is or what happened. Mass shootings have been for the most part are crazies suicidal nut jobs that eat a bullet as soon as confronted. Not always but for just about everytime. Same reason they don't talk about Chiraq shootings. They should not call these gang/ revival group of thugs playing with guns, mass shootings when they are shooting each other.

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Interesting. First time I heard the fire was returned.

Youse shooot in the Hood at te BOYZ then expect to be shot back et!
Vine City rule #37

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
Yep! Sure did look like a professional hit squad, didn't it?
well kinda sorta if you squint you eyes just right--gang land 101 was what it was.

·
22,975 Posts
Those guys might be professionals, but if they are they are more Harbor Freight than Home Depot. I'd say gang violence. This quote also makes it sound that way: “As a result of that initial shooting, several groups that were in the parking lot also armed themselves and opened fire toward the initial shooters.”

Pointless death. Shame nobody instituted a great society to end poverty decades ago.

·
Administrator
40,270 Posts
Sounds to me like a gang thing too. They likely waited until their target or targets came outside. Might have even been in contact with someone telling them they were outside.

·
Registered
15,154 Posts
I'd wage dollars to doughnuts that they were a hit squad from a gang sent to take people out. The fact that they ran away as quick as they did indicates the cowardice they have. Pro Hit squads are cool calm and collected. They take out their target and egress the area smoothly. These street thugs ran away like their mama was chasing them with a shoe.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Similar to the George Floyd memorial day shooting around 30 rounds fired at a crowd nobody hit. And poof no suspects.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,790 Posts
IF you stop and think now-- Professional Hitmen ALWAYS use 22 caliber semi auto pistols--I know i have seen the movies!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Did you notice none of them appeared to be armed when they got back in the vehicle? Did they shoot then ditch the guns?

·
Registered
12 Posts
There was a mass shooting in Miami recently, so far 2 dead 3 in critical condition, and 20 wounded. This was unusual in that there were 3 bad guys.
Very important point. .

With the rise of organized leftist terrorism we may see more of this type of thing.

In 2014 there was a shooter at a Walmart. Guy with a carry gun went after the shooter and was so focused on that one person that he never saw the shooters partner come up behind him and kill him. I believe there is a video of this incident.
Youtube: "Concealed Carrier Loses His Life Trying to Stop Mass Shooting"

If you are in such a situation AND you decide to take action the main thing to remember is: Use cover/concealment and keep your head on a swivel!!!

The lone gunman incidents are being replaced by the multiple gunmen events. In that type of situation ALWAYS ASSUME that there is more than one, unless you have proof that there is only one.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very important point. .

With the rise of organized leftist terrorism we may see more of this type of thing.

In 2014 there was a shooter at a Walmart. Guy with a carry gun went after the shooter and was so focused on that one person that he never saw the shooters partner come up behind him and kill him. I believe there is a video of this incident.
Youtube: "Concealed Carrier Loses His Life Trying to Stop Mass Shooting"

If you are in such a situation AND you decide to take action the main thing to remember is: Use cover/concealment and keep your head on a swivel!!!

The lone gunman incidents are being replaced by the multiple gunmen events. In that type of situation ALWAYS ASSUME that there is more than one, unless you have proof that there is only one.
While true, you also don't want to shoot someone arriving on the scene who may be another legal concealed carrier or off duty cop either, and you don't wan't an off duty cop shooting you either.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts