Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are told that wearing masks is to protect 'others'. ....... I don't know if there is any so called 'science' to back that up, BUT I do know that 'that' assertion makes it so much easier to control people than visa-vi. ......... I.E. 'If' it were believed (and it may well be so) that wearing a mask was for 'your own' personal protection, their element of control would be cut in half at least, as AT LEAST half the populace would no longer wear them ....... BUT by telling you that it protects everyone else from YOU, now, if not wearing a mask, YOU become the selfish, uncaring bad guy that all the conformist scorn at behind THEIR masks. it will get to a point that they will have conditioned the sheeple to report on those selfish, uncaring bad guys to the authorities.

Yes, creating a 'snitch' society as Deblosio attempted in New York.

Yes, personally I believe the 'protecting everyone else' shpeel is part of the scam. ...... After all, does it really make a difference which way the breath is moving?

I don't think so.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
It captures most of the moisture you exhale. Theoretically this mitigates the probability you would transmit the virus if you were infected.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It captures most of the moisture you exhale. Theoretically this mitigates the probability you would transmit the virus if you were infected.
Yes, so they tell us. ...... With respect I ask 'so what'? ......... I expect the mask to also 'capture most of the moisture' you 'inhale' equally. ...... But THAT information would not give mini tyrants, and their minions, an excuse to practice their new found power.

From a piece, 'Why masks aren’t better at protecting us from viruses': "..Keep in mind that masks protect in both directions..".
https://www.fastcompany.com/90483762/why-masks-arent-better-at-protecting-us-from-viruses

Just another piece of the 'scamdemic', IMO.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yes, so they tell us. ...... With respect I ask 'so what'? ......... I expect the mask to also 'capture most of the moisture' you 'inhale' equally. ...... But THAT information would not give mini tyrants, and their minions, an excuse to practice their new found power.

From a piece, 'Why masks aren’t better at protecting us from viruses': "..Keep in mind that masks protect in both directions..".
https://www.fastcompany.com/90483762/why-masks-arent-better-at-protecting-us-from-viruses

Just another piece of the 'scamdemic', IMO.[/QUO

Moisture containing virus exhaled from an infected person that contacts the mask would conceivably mix with the wearer's exhaled moisture and be drawn back during inhalation. It would be reasonable to assume much of it would be trapped in the fabric but not all.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
I'm still looking for that mystical, magical, too-good-to-be-ignored scientific study that cause Fauci et al. to change their longstanding position that masks are not effective and can be harmful. Surely for the experts to change their expert opinion, there must be some irrefutable scientific evidence that just came to light in March, right?

I hear people saying they are doing what they can to stop the spread by wearing masks. If masks are to protect others, does that mean all these do-gooders actually have the virus? If it is to protect others and they are doing their part, they ain't doing anything unless they have the virus. If they think they have the virus, why aren't they staying home?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Talk about beating a dead horse... there are still folks who simply will not recognize that Covid is here. It is not an attack on your rights or a way to control you through use of a mask. If you don't want to wear a mask then don't. Bottom line is the virus kills.

Sounds just like the Democrats who still don't believe Donald Trump won the election.

Don

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I'm still looking for that mystical, magical, too-good-to-be-ignored scientific study that cause Fauci et al. to change their longstanding position that masks are not effective and can be harmful. Surely for the experts to change their expert opinion, there must be some irrefutable scientific evidence that just came to light in March, right?

I hear people saying they are doing what they can to stop the spread by wearing masks. If masks are to protect others, does that mean all these do-gooders actually have the virus? If it is to protect others and they are doing their part, they ain't doing anything unless they have the virus. If they think they have the virus, why aren't they staying home?
Please post the link with a quote from Fauci stating a long standing position that masks are not effective and can be harmful. While I do remember him saying he didn't think masks were as of yet necessary for the general public when the infection was just starting up in this country and very much in its infancy, I can't seem to find anything where he opposed masks completely and thought they might be harmful (to anyone other than the front line workers, only because they were scrambling to actually get PPE at the time and the lack of such was harmful to them).

As to your other comment, no it doesn't mean all these "do-gooders" actually have the virus. It doesn't even mean they think they might be infected. Because the percentage of people with asymptomatic infections, making them not sick in the sick sense, but sick in the potential carrier and transferer sense, is so high, it only makes sense that we all walk around pretending we just might have it thus dramatically reducing the amount of people that actually get it. If you are actually known to be sick, you are expected to stay home until you aren't. But this is so months ago... where have you been and who have you been listening to where you still seem unable to grasp this simple concept?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
As citizens of the U.S., it's part of our nature that we don't like or want to be told what to do. That's the main sticking point in the mask debate to my way of thinking. And, to a large degree, I agree that I don't care to have my personal behaviors dictated by the govt. The problem is that far too many citizens are clueless, self-absorbed, careless and witless individuals. They pose a threat to everyone - including themselves. Realizing this unavoidable fact, restrictions have been placed on how we are able to behave in public.

The masks will go away eventually. If they don't, then we will have ushered in a more repressive society than we care to think about - in my opinion. There have been so many health problems eliminated over the years, I think this will go away. Or at least made less severe with effective treatments.

I don't like wearing a mask and therefore I limit the time spent where required to do so.

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
Please post the link with a quote from Fauci stating a long standing position that masks are not effective and can be harmful. While I do remember him saying he didn't think masks were as of yet necessary for the general public when the infection was just starting up in this country and very much in its infancy, I can't seem to find anything where he opposed masks completely and thought they might be harmful (to anyone other than the front line workers, only because they were scrambling to actually get PPE at the time and the lack of such was harmful to them).

As to your other comment, no it doesn't mean all these "do-gooders" actually have the virus. It doesn't even mean they think they might be infected. Because the percentage of people with asymptomatic infections, making them not sick in the sick sense, but sick in the potential carrier and transferer sense, is so high, it only makes sense that we all walk around pretending we just might have it thus dramatically reducing the amount of people that actually get it. If you are actually known to be sick, you are expected to stay home until you aren't. But this is so months ago... where have you been and who have you been listening to where you still seem unable to grasp this simple concept?
I believe Fauci's comment was on Meet the Press in March. You can look it up easier than I can. I've seen it, you're the one who apparently hasn't. The CDC has had on their website for years that masks aren't effective for stopping the spread of viruses. Again, you can look it up easier than I can (unless they've taken it down).

Months ago or years ago, surely you aren't suggesting that our most acclaimed expert (Dr. Fauci) changed his EXPERT OPINION without any scientific study to the contrary? That's all I'm looking for is that definitive scientific study which caused him to do a 180 change in his EXPERT OPINION.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bottom line is the virus kills.
Bottom line? ...... No ....... many things KILL. ..... But covid kills who? ...... 'directly' only 10% of the 190,000 deaths they CLAIM have been killed. ...... Let's do the math: 330,000,000 / 19,000 = .000057, or .0057%

So the REAL number of people 'killed' by covid 'alone' (as noted by the CDC) is so minuscule, it won't even convert to a fraction.

Even the full claim of deaths, 190,000 / 330,000,000 = 00057 or .057%

And no, it is not a 'dead horse' ...... the issue is not finished. ....... Everybody knows covid is real ...... so what? ...... The point of the OP is that telling YOU that YOU must wear a mask to protect OTHERS is likely part of the compliance strategy. Were they to tell you that masks protect the WEARER, they would lose their 'people control' leverage. IT intentionally makes 'non compliers' the 'bad guys', to be shunned by those deemed 'obedient' and 'faithful' to the rulers.

"..in 2017, the year in which alcohol played a role in 2.6% of all deaths in the United States..". ....... Now THAT is measurable, but they haven't outlawed alcohol yet.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/alcohol-related-deaths-increasing-united-states

As always, anything without reference is JMO. ...... But as always, IMO, THIS is a 'control scam', AND a 'dry run' for more to come. And anyone who doesn't believe this scam is being dragged out as long as possible for political reasons is living in a fog.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I believe Fauci's comment was on Meet the Press in March. You can look it up easier than I can. I've seen it, you're the one who apparently hasn't. The CDC has had on their website for years that masks aren't effective for stopping the spread of viruses. Again, you can look it up easier than I can (unless they've taken it down).

Months ago or years ago, surely you aren't suggesting that our most acclaimed expert (Dr. Fauci) changed his EXPERT OPINION without any scientific study to the contrary? That's all I'm looking for is that definitive scientific study which caused him to do a 180 change in his EXPERT OPINION.
If this is what you are talking about, you weren't paying close enough attention to what he really said, and not only took words out of context but filled in some blanks to suit your purposes as well.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/preventing-coronavirus-facemask-60-minutes-2020-03-08/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab5j&linkId=84037176&fbclid=IwAR1OdWX37AReJIVi43AJjRhVArVXXHMFlDqLGh7C9ExK1-2EEf8hyCbXjO4

Unless there's another smoking gun out there, we're just going to have to write this off as incorrect, he didn't say what you think he said.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
Sorry but Fauci has been flip flopping on every aspect of this pandemic. First don't wear a mask, next wear a mask. Don't leave your house, then it's ok to leave your house, etc. If I have a doctor advising me on medical treatment and they were that indecisive, I'd be looking for a new doctor. At the very least I'd demand a second opinion. Well, we've had second opinions and the media along with the Dems and Fauci himself dismissed their expertise on the topic. Much more insidious is the fact that Fauci & co. summarily dismissed the preliminary results of HCQ treatments and completely blew off anecdotal evidence from countries that use HCQ for Malaria treatments showing virtually no Covid-19 cases.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts

Just another piece of the 'scamdemic', IMO.
I thought the mask issue was settled long ago. They only keep you from transmitting but in no way whatsoever do they prevent you from catching. That's why every box with the familiar white/blue color scheme masks comes with a disclaimer stating they do not prevent spread of disease.

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
Bottom line? ...... No ....... many things KILL. ..... But covid kills who? ...... 'directly' only 10% of the 190,000 deaths they CLAIM have been killed. ...... Let's do the math: 330,000,000 / 19,000 = .000057, or .0057%

So the REAL number of people 'killed' by covid 'alone' (as noted by the CDC) is so minuscule, it won't even convert to a fraction.

Even the full claim of deaths, 190,000 / 330,000,000 = 00057 or .057%

And no, it is not a 'dead horse' ...... the issue is not finished. ....... Everybody knows covid is real ...... so what? ...... The point of the OP is that telling YOU that YOU must wear a mask to protect OTHERS is likely part of the compliance strategy. Were they to tell you that masks protect the WEARER, they would lose their 'people control' leverage. IT intentionally makes 'non compliers' the 'bad guys', to be shunned by those deemed 'obedient' and 'faithful' to the rulers.

"..in 2017, the year in which alcohol played a role in 2.6% of all deaths in the United States..". ....... Now THAT is measurable, but they haven't outlawed alcohol yet.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/alcohol-related-deaths-increasing-united-states

As always, anything without reference is JMO. ...... But as always, IMO, THIS is a 'control scam', AND a 'dry run' for more to come. And anyone who doesn't believe this scam is being dragged out as long as possible for political reasons is living in a fog.
Actualky it's less than 10%. Just last week, recounts of all data disclosed that only 6% of people who died WITH Covid-19 actually died OF Covid. The other 94% died due to secondary comorbidities. Heart failure, diabetes, chronic renal failure, advanced age, etc are all comorbidities that led to death when Covid was introduced. Doesn't matter what Fauci said anytime prior to last week because at that time no one questioned the earth statistics. I'm pretty sure I posted about this recount since the Covid data is now being officially handled out of Johns Hopkins - not out of the CDC or any other health organization Fauci might have relationships with.

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
It's a matter of probability. Protection is not an absolute. Masks do stop some droplets. Reducing droplet count reduces the probability of transmitting a virus. Dropping the probability of transmitting a virus below 1.0 stops a pandemic.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
I wear a mask was so the virus won't recognize me and it'll go after someone else, instead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts