Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a FORMER Marylander, with several family members still living there (including firearms owners), I am still interested in the MARYLAND GUN CONTROL ANTICS.

Now, Retired Maryland state police officer Captain Jack McCauley, former Commander of the State Gun Licensing Division, spoke in the Maryland Senate in FAVOR of CCW reform. (March 14, 2015)

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
I would love to shake his hand and commend him for taking the time to learn the truth and to then go out on a limb and admit that his previous views were wrong.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
I wish him well in his fight against the left wingers in Murderland..

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Shame when people finally figure things out after they're
out of power to do anything about it.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: Sekol and ICUKev

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Whoa -- admitted he was wrong?

He's got no future with the current administration.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I hope reform happens. I'm no fan of Maryland.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Super Moderator
35,015 Posts
Awful young lookin' to be "retired". Must be nice to have those give away retirement programs in gubment. :rolleyes:

I mean, the guy bothered to research the subject, good speech, but it just amazes me how much reality has to slap a liberal in the face before they begin to see the light. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Shame when people finally figure things out after they're
out of power to do anything about it.

All the Best,
D. White
Ain't that the truth! Why they don't check things out while in office?

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Hmmmm.... I always like to think the best of folks and that Cpt. McCauley has seen the proverbial light, but at the same time I wonder if this is not a politically motivated stand to make himself more acceptable to a state of constituents that recently elected their first Republican governor since 2006. Too bad he came so late to the realization that having folks protect themselves helps everyone!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Awful young lookin' to be "retired". Must be nice to have those give away retirement programs in gubment. :rolleyes:

I mean, the guy bothered to research the subject, good speech, but it just amazes me how much reality has to slap a liberal in the face before they begin to see the light. :rolleyes:
Here you go, a little research before talking about others benefits. The Maryland State Police require 22 years of service before eligible for retirement, they also mandate 50 years of age. At age 60, under Maryland State Law, there is a mandatory retirement for MSP. MANY police forces have a mandatory retirement age, as well.

It's amusing to consider that most Private Sector businesses used to have similar provision for retirement. However, as greed, corruption, and avarice trumped all else, they stopped it over a period of decades. Today, due to that greed, corruption, and avarice, any remaining structures with those older retirement benefits are regarded by some as "give-away" programs. I guess that misery really does like company.

Note, also, that the MAXIMUM number of years used to hit top retirement percentage is 28 years. Working longer adds no further benefit.

As for his about face, in most Police services, having an abrupt change of heart while in charge of a department, and voicing that epiphany, usually leaves you without a job, or retirement benefits. Most Private Sector companies do the exact same thing.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Hmmmm.... I always like to think the best of folks and that Cpt. McCauley has seen the proverbial light, but at the same time I wonder if this is not a politically motivated stand to make himself more acceptable to a state of constituents that recently elected their first Republican governor since 2006. Too bad he came so late to the realization that having folks protect themselves helps everyone!
Goodness no Sekol, you almost sound cynical. Why, oh why, would he be distancing himself from his prior stance unless he was, oh I dunno, getting ready for higher political office :D. But, hey, at least he's said it publicly now.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I guess that we'll just have to wait and see if he is going to run for political office, won't we? Not to put too fine a point on it, but, unless he has a popular stand in Prince George's and Montgomery County, and Baltimore City, what the rest of the state likes is a foot note. These three political entities virtually control Maryland, and are all card-carrying Liberal areas when the votes are counted. By that light, he just committed political suicide. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts