Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a .30-30 with a short barrel, 16.5", and they don't make them in a full sized stock anymore. So last year I bought this one, which had a youth length stock, and changed out the laminated wood youth stock for a full sized walnut stock that I bought from Midwest Gun Works. It's wearing a lightweight Leupold 4X scope with Talley bases.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
That's sweet. But, if I may, why a scope on a short barrel brush gun?

Reactions: BigBlue

·
22,284 Posts
Wow, very nice setup!

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I wanted a .30-30 with a short barrel, 16.5", and they don't make them in a full sized stock anymore. So last year I bought this one, which had a youth length stock, and changed out the laminated wood youth stock for a full sized walnut stock that I bought from Midwest Gun Works. It's wearing a lightweight Leupold 4X scope with Talley bases.
Wow! Now THAT is one good looking rifle! ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice looking lever gun! My marlin 336 30-30 also wears a scope in the "dreaded" see-through scope mounts. I've gotten deer with it both ways so I can't say one is any better than the other. I pulled it out for a weekend hunting this year even though my standard is a 7mm mag. Just can't beat the feel and nostalgia of a wood stocked lever gun in the woods where it's meant to be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts