Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Marlin 3030

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  srt 10 jimbo 
#1 ·
Hey all I have a question for you guys. A freind of mine has a NIB Marlin 330 lever action never been fired. He wants to sell it. Whats it worth? In your honest opinions. Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
It depends on the model.. Blue, stainless,....?

I saw a new one in the store, a Marlin 336 for I think it was $340 (on sale normally about $400), blue with a wood stock, and I recently saw a used one in decent shape with a scope and which the gunshop guy took in a trade. He let it go for $200.

Since it's new and in the box, never fired.. I would pay $250. I can get one from a store and pay with a credit card and have both the Marlin warranty and the credit card warranty covering me for $90 more but that s just me. Who knows, others might have a different opinion.

it is a nice rifle though, smooth action and accurate in my opinion! Marlins are my favorite lever actions!

#3 ·
I've got a couple of Marlins, good guns but they are not very expensive so check with your LGS and see what your areas going price is before you make an offer.

Brand Logo Graphics

#5 ·
I've seen them as low as $ 300.00 and as high as $ 420.00. It would depend on the model and
the market where he lives. $ 350.00 is about average and would be a good starting point. I have
a Marlin 336CS 30/30 and I love it. I bought mine for $ 340.00 and I've gotten my money's worth
from it. I've only had two jams that I can remember and it is very accurate.

#8 ·
HI guys just a quick update. I looked at the gun today its a 336W never fired comes with 100 rds ammo with ammo box, sling, and hard case. He is asking 400. I guess the only worries are warranty is non transferable. Seems a bit high but I work with the guy dont want to insult him with low offer. What do you guys think. Thanks

#9 ·
I'm very familiar with the Marlin rifles, the 336W has the birch stock vs. the walnut of the 336C. If the rifle is NIB, $400 is what you could buy the rifle for from an outfit like Buds. If the rifle is NIB, the warranty card should not be filled out and you could send it in. Take a look at the barrel roll stamp as well. If it has the "JM" it is a pre-Freedom Group rifle and it should be 100%. Rifles with the Remington roll stamp, "MR", have had a boat load of issues, so many that the production has been shut down for over 6 months now. I sure would check the fit and function MR rifle very close. The ammo can be worth $50 to $100 depending on what it is.

Overall, this is not really a great deal.

#13 ·
The Marlin 336W can be had in Walmart for about $360 and in Academy for about $370. I would prefer to have the walnut stock; birch is very easy to ding. I had been looking very hard at this rifle (336W) but after pricing ammo, it would be hard to justify it for a plinker... about $.75 a round at best. I am looking at .223s as a result. Too bad no one makes a reasonably priced lever action in .223.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.