Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first chance I've had to go to the range with my new PT145 Pro.

Many firsts for me actually.

First time I've owned a handgun.
First time I've fired a handgun.

(For me, I don't count bb/pellet pistols)

Heck the last time I even fired a weapon was Air Force basic training in 1982 and a qual test in 1983 but all of that was M16.

Today before I knew it the box of 50 was done.

The only issue I had was during my second mag, I somehow hit the mag eject during the recoil. That happened a couple of times. Adjusted my grip and had no problems the rest of the time.

There was a CHL instructor there watching and functioning as a range safety officer. I had gone through about half my box of shells when he told me not to let anyone try to change anything about how I was shooting (i.e. stance, grip, trigger pull, etc).

In comparison I tried out my wife's new Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum. Tried 38 Special loads with no issue. .357 Mag loads however were painful!

So it was a good day on the range and I'm very happy with my choice of the PT145 Pro.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Qwiks draw said:
You might not need this, but I'm going to give this to you. You might be aware of all this, but there's all kinds of useful target,POI/POA, and other data in it.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6715.0
If you don't need that kind of stuff just disregard.

Happy to have you here.
Many thanks. At this point I'm a sponge soaking knowledge. Never hurts to learn to much as opposed to not knowing enough right?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I go with the theory that if I can think of something (doesn't matter how messed up, gross, distrurbing, etc it is) then someone out there has either done it or is going to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.