Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first chance I've had to go to the range with my new PT145 Pro.

Many firsts for me actually.

First time I've owned a handgun.
First time I've fired a handgun.

(For me, I don't count bb/pellet pistols)

Heck the last time I even fired a weapon was Air Force basic training in 1982 and a qual test in 1983 but all of that was M16.

Today before I knew it the box of 50 was done.

The only issue I had was during my second mag, I somehow hit the mag eject during the recoil. That happened a couple of times. Adjusted my grip and had no problems the rest of the time.

There was a CHL instructor there watching and functioning as a range safety officer. I had gone through about half my box of shells when he told me not to let anyone try to change anything about how I was shooting (i.e. stance, grip, trigger pull, etc).

In comparison I tried out my wife's new Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum. Tried 38 Special loads with no issue. .357 Mag loads however were painful!

So it was a good day on the range and I'm very happy with my choice of the PT145 Pro.

·
32,534 Posts
Sounds like a good time was had. And yes, the snub revolvers in .357 magnum can kick and roar.

Have to admit to being a 9mm./ .38 Special fan for the most part. Do own a .45ACP Ruger though.

Lots of Ruger fans here. There are even a few threads on just that subject.

You might not need this, but I'm going to give this to you. You might be aware of all this, but there's all kinds of useful target,POI/POA, and other data in it.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6715.0
If you don't need that kind of stuff just disregard.

Happy to have you here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Qwiks draw said:
You might not need this, but I'm going to give this to you. You might be aware of all this, but there's all kinds of useful target,POI/POA, and other data in it.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=6715.0
If you don't need that kind of stuff just disregard.

Happy to have you here.
Many thanks. At this point I'm a sponge soaking knowledge. Never hurts to learn to much as opposed to not knowing enough right?

·
32,534 Posts
Just as an aside, there are .357/.38 Special links that can be brought up.

Surgeon General's Warning: Reading them is a career!

There's a lot of good stuff in them though. Either say the word or PM and me and they're all yours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome to the forum machead and I am glad you had a great range experience.

Shoot'em if ya got'em :shooter:

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
Qwiks, either you have one hell of a reference library, or the inside of your head is scarier than Steven King's.......

·
32,534 Posts
Thanks for that vote of confidence.

Actually Steven King is scarier. He dreams about moment by moment how anything he sees in passing can become a gruesome way to kill someone. He said that himself on news T.V. no less during an interview.

Where as I just talk to Jimmy Hoffa.

And at least I know how to get around in my brain...even if it's got sticky notes all over how to do that.
Stephen King flies around in his. Kind of " One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

I was born this way. What's your excuse texastarusguy?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I go with the theory that if I can think of something (doesn't matter how messed up, gross, distrurbing, etc it is) then someone out there has either done it or is going to do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts