Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your insight or opinion on the current market share of manufactures in the current end of 2014. Let's take Taurus for example first, do you see more people talking about the purchase of a new Taurus? Or do you speculate that the market share of Taurus is most likely shrinking due to various models being dropped with fewer models being introduced? I am aware of the new Curve that is coming to market around Feb of 2015 and the last few years has brought about a number of poly revolvers being introduced.

Do you see more of a share of the market going to Para or Beretta due in part to the current rebates that are being offered. Let's face it, a $100 rebate off of any Para 1911 pistol can make for a very inexpensive 1911 pistol. Downside would be that it would only appeal to those who are interested in the model 1911.

FN pistols seem to have improved in lower/stronger pricing via the internet, but again selection as to style is limited. As well as the models above the FNS in 9mm and 40sw and the FNX in the same caliber have not seen any price decline and look to be holding steady.

Even Glock seems to from over all market appearance, pricing and demand seems to no longer be the firearm favorite of the masses at this time.

So who do you see as the current winner in sales, customer interest, and new model introduction at this time?

This Ole Dog is just curious of your take on the subject.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I don't know, but I do know that the 3 mag and mag pouch rebate offered (and ended) by Springfield Armory was one of the primary reasons I purchased an XD 45 compact. Marketing and rebates certainly help sales.

Reactions: Sleeping_Dog

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
It may be regional but I see the 1911 craze slowing significantly, thats all brands.
this is a roller coaster anyway with the old gun. it wanes in popularity and price then comes back strong.
its hard for me to really evaluate taurus brand share as 2 fairly large local private long time gun ranges have stopped stocking taurus, so I don't see a lot being sold.
the brands that see to be coming on here are the CZ clones, especially from turkey and the CZ brand itself.
the small pocket sized semi auto are still pretty popular but large revolvers seem slow in sales.
hard to say because we are only one destructive protest away from being Black Rifle city once again.
Current events control the gun market.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Hard to say. Much of the big guys sales are to police departments at 1/3-1/4 what us normal folk pay. Gives them higher % share, but we don't really see it.

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
Hard to say. Much of the big guys sales are to police departments at 1/3-1/4 what us normal folk pay. Gives them higher % share, but we don't really see it.

Yes Sir, If you include the feds and state, local guberments.
Glock is going to be a front runner here, along with Colt and CZ over seas.

Reactions: Sleeping_Dog

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Pistols - Taurus International Take a look at all the variations of pistols Taurus has. Personally I Taurus would be better off dropping some models that are similar to others. Do one thing and do it well.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Unfortunately, they dropped the PT145 Mill 2 with out replacing it. That is my favorite pistol. My favorite revolver remains the M856 which also isn't produced any longer.

Pistols - Taurus International Take a look at all the variations of pistols Taurus has. Personally I Taurus would be better off dropping some models that are similar to others. Do one thing and do it well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts