Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had another fun day with my 720's at the range today! One of them is "dead on" and I shoot it well. On the other one, the elevation adjustment is fine but the gun is shooting a bit to the left. If you have a manual, could you please give a look and see which way I need to crank the windage adjustment so that the point of impact is moved over to the right a little more? Thanks!

Amistad

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There is nothing at Rossi USA for the 720. There is a Rossi Revolver owner manual but it does not cover the 720.
Thanks, Qwiks draw. While the 720 is not mentioned in that manual, I think the information that I'm seeking is there. On page 15 in that manual, there is a diagram that shows how to change both elevation and windage on Rossi revolvers. The diagram is accompanied with this text:

-----
"To raise the rear sight, turn the elevation adjusting screw counter-clockwise. To lower the rear sight, turn the screw clockwise. When raising the sight, the point of impact rises. Lowering the sight, the point of impact is lowered.
The rear sight can also be adjusted for windage. Turn the windage adjustment screw clockwise to move the notch to right side, and counter-clockwise to move the notch to left side."
-----

I'll use this info in adjusting the windage on my 720 on my next range trip, and will swing back by here with my findings. Thanks, amigos!

Later edit: I just now went ahead and used the above info to move my rear sight to the right a bit. (Which will move the point of impact to the right, the direction that I want it to go in.)

Amistad

·
Registered
7,133 Posts
PM me your email & I'll send you the older Interarms® manual.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had an opportunity to go to the range this morning. The instructions for adjusting the sights on a Rossi 720 are correct as stated above in my post #5 in this thread. I've got both of my 720's now "dialed in" and I just have one thing to say -- these 720's rock, and these 720's roll! Yee haw! I'm lovin' it! :)

Amistad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts