Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Super Moderator
Can't see the gun, but it's got to be a striker gun with no safety. Incidents like this are almost common and IMHO it's because of the popularity of the "I don't need no stinkin' safety" crowd which was born of the Glock pistol in the 80s. It's okay, no striker guns in MY house!!!! Well, I have a PT145, but it has a thumb safety and I just won't carry the gun with the safety off.

Ultimately, the safety is between your ears. But you have to be awfully convinced of your own infallibility not to try and stack the deck in your favor.

Administrator
Did he draw from a holster? How do you wear a holster when you either don't have a belt on, or your belt is so flimsy that your pants are sagging? :???: There really should be a bench or table in front of them to put the gun down on in case something comes up where you need your hands.

Reactions: ICUKev

Super Moderator
Are you aware of the class action lawsuit involving the PT145?
Actually, I bought it AFTER the lawsuit. Too many lawyers getting rich on stupid lawsuits. I have a couple of 700 Remingtons with the stock trigger that I would never let Remington TOUCH. They're perfect as is, 3 lbs let off and very crisp.

Super Moderator
Did he draw from a holster? How do you wear a holster when you either don't have a belt on, or your belt is so flimsy that your pants are sagging? :???: There really should be a bench or table in front of them to put the gun down on in case something comes up where you need your hands.
Paddle holster? There's also IWBs around now with no clip, just depend on some sort of sticky, I suppose. I don't have any direct experience with'em because I don't do IWB.

Registered

Reactions: oso

Administrator
Discussion Starter #11
I don鈥檛 know if his pistol had a safety or not. If it did, he didn鈥檛 use it, among other things he did wrong. Like pulling his pants up with a loaded firearm in his hand and finger on the trigger.

Registered
Are you aware of the class action lawsuit involving the PT145?
Native is very aware of the class action lawsuit, as am I, a second generation Mil Pro PT145 (DAO and thimb safety). Of all the handguns I have ever owned, my PT145 is my favorite hand cannon. 22.5 ounces empty, 11 rounds of 230 grain goodness, and very accurate for a 3.5 barrel. Investment of over a $100 in extra magazines and paid originally $350 for the MilPro. Love the gun, hit very well with it and don't drop my guns.

This guy had already drawn, had the pistol in his hand when he decided to pull his pants up and already had his finger on the trigger as he did so.

Registered
As Forrest Gump says, stupid is as stupid does.

Registered
These Guys all look like they're on something, it's not guns it's freaking drugs.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #16
Check out the guy to the left of the one that shot himself. Didn't even flinch.

Premium Member
Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable putting my finger on the trigger and pointing ANY gun at my leg so I honestly can't blame this on the gun, any gun, striker fired or not.

Super Moderator
I really like having a bench in front of me when I shoot at a range.

Registered
I can hear the news story: "and the gun went off"! Those pesky guns just decide to go off at the worst time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts