Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Well the brady bunch complain about the "Gun Show Loophole" I guess now they will also complain about the "Gun Show Bullet Hole..."

·
Super Moderator
17,717 Posts
Way to point it at yourself while you're loading it. Sheesh. Thank God it was in the parking lot and he didn't put a hole in anybody else. Hope he recovers.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Good grief...what's wrong with these folks....I don't know the details but you need to be careful.....

·
Registered
432 Posts
That is retarded, you never point the gun at yourself or anything else you don't intend to destroy.. Also was he inside his car when this happened? I wouldn't be messing with a gun inside the car either might put a hole in the floor pan or something... Oh and if your loading the weapon isn't the safety still able to be engaged? I get tired of only seeing the MORONS in the press when it comes to gun news.. Where's the good news about people who know what they are doing?

·
Super Moderator
40,517 Posts
Stupid People! They are out there amoung us every day. I am sure there is a lot more to this story that we will never here. Just enough to get the gun Nazi's going again.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Im guessing he had a ND while re holstering his weapon.

And not all guns have safteys them kaiged1

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
There is not a pill they can take or a book they can read, you can't fix stupid....

Bad Hair Day.gif

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Just when you develop the idiot proof device, along comes a better idiot.

Reactions: Lance0812

·
Registered
32 Posts
He was reloading his pistol in the parking lot and shot himself. So he reloaded his magazine, pulled the slide back and chambered a round(I imagine) and then pulled the trigger. Hmmm, can't fix stupid

·
Registered
432 Posts
Im guessing he had a ND while re holstering his weapon.

And not all guns have safteys them kaiged1
That's true, but still you should always be mindful of what you are doing.. I am sure this guy was still a Moron for not waiting to be in a better location to load his weapon. I mean why be in such a hurry to load it anyway, its not like he was in Detroit or St. Louis, Savannah, GA is hardly a dangerous town I know cuz I lived there a while in my teens..

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Almost every weekend that I work at a gun show, I do not want to drive away without my gun loaded. So I am forced to load it, usually in the car, while seated. But, I might put a hole in my floor board, but never in me.

He did have a bad day, and where he had it pointed was the problem, not the loading. We know most likely his finger or something was on the trigger, that is neg. discharge, not accidental.

·
Registered
27,347 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I always hate to read or hear about these things.

But one thing I always come away with is a heightened awareness that the guns that we carry are weapons and, as such, must be handled with the utmost care and attention to safety.

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This just in...Two million people loaded their guns today and not one ND. Video of a cute kitten at 11.

Reactions: Pbass and Taurus777

·
Registered
612 Posts
Today's Darwin award goes to!

I don't think you can shoot yourself while loading a pistol... You have to insert the mag. Or close the chamber.. Now I don't know hardly anything about Hammer fired semi's but what if he forcibly inserted the magazine? Would the force be enough to drop a faulty hammer? Waite it still had to be chambered! yea, no way around it. This guys a moron.. not to be to harsh on the fellow, but what if it was pointed in a safe direction. ricochet is a real possibility, Or what if it was absentmindedly pointed at a kid.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts