1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
How da, who da, what da???? Why do people do this? Oh I'll just stick it in the bag while we go here/there. Let me stick my hand in and get something out. Hey what's this...boom!

·
Registered
37,059 Posts
https://www.whio.com/news/alabama-m...n-goes-off-diaper-bag/MhbTmO6xHNAOyQJ15MgSAK/

I understand that some people feel the need sometimes to have a gun off body, but if you have to do that it's still a good idea to have it in a holster that covers the trigger and keeps the gun positioned in one part of the carrying device.

I simply put this out here for consideration!
how many law enforcement have you seen shoot themselves Or others) while wearing a holster (usually trying to reholster actually)???
now how many law enforcement have you seen shoot themselves that were not wearing holster???--just saying maybe the holster is the problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
17,401 Posts
I bet they had to change that kids diapers again right after it happened.........:)

·
Super Moderator
37,975 Posts
Glad nobody died. I hope the kid grows up to be smarter than Pops.

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
28,077 Posts
This is why I refuse to sell a gun to anyone under the age of 4.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I simply put this out here for consideration!
how many law enforcement have you seen shoot themselves Or others) while wearing a holster (usually trying to reholster actually)???
now how many law enforcement have you seen shoot themselves that were not wearing holster???--just saying maybe the holster is the problem?
I would argue that the problem is more along the lines of ignorance. There are safe ways of carrying almost any gun off body. Obviously, some of them would render the gun semi-useless in an emergency - a round not chambered, magazine not in the gun, etc. But that's a choice a carrier must make. I tell my students that very, very seldom are there "accidental" discharges in a firearm in good condition and well maintained. By far, the vast majority are negligent. I'm of the opinion that if you are going to carry, you need to assess the method of carrying and select a firearm is appropriate to the method you choose to carry. In the diaper bag example, might not carry my XD-S since there is no thumb safety - trigger and grip only, and I would probably not carry a gun with a thumb safety. But I might carry a DAO gun, or carry with no round in the chamber. But it's also my choice to always have my gun trigger ready, including a round in the pipe. It's my responsibility to ensure the safety of myself and those around me. (Not intended to jack your post).

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I saw this and wondered what business Roshun had in Vestavia Hills?
Perhaps looking for a safe place for his child to play?

(edit: Vestivia Hills is a safe, clean, crime free community near Birmingham. Birmingham is one of the high crime areas in Alabama)

·
Super Moderator
37,975 Posts
I saw this and wondered what business Roshun had in Vestavia Hills?
Perhaps looking for a safe place for his child to play?

(edit: Vestivia Hills is a safe, clean, crime free community near Birmingham. Birmingham is one of the high crime areas in Alabama)
Taking his daughter to Chuck E Cheese...maybe a kid's party. RIP Dad, sad that you had to die.

Reactions: OKNewshawk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts