Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spoke to my friend, who is there and he is safe, my daughter talked with her friends and they are same.
Friend who is K9 officer called in.
They are clearing stores according to scanner and no injuries reported as of yet.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
Yet another gun free zone, but only for the law abiding. I know there's no such thing as a safe place, but at least leave me the right to self protection.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yet another gun free zone, but only for the law abiding. I know there's no such thing as a safe place, but at least leave me the right to self protection.
Yeah, I agree. I have to say I avoid those places as much as possible.
I have carried concealed in them at times as I won't lock it in my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I have to say I avoid those places as much as possible.
I have carried concealed in them at times as I won't lock it in my vehicle.
Pants on gun on. There are very few places I wouldn't carry. I may be completely wrong, but in PA. I think the worst a mall or any store could do is ask you to leave and trespass you for the future. As long as you leave they have little recourse.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pants on gun on. There are very few places I wouldn't carry. I may be completely wrong, but in PA. I think the worst a mall or any store could do is ask you to leave and trespass you for the future. As long as you leave they have little recourse.
That is my understanding as well and it is what a local officer I am friends with told me. I also believe I have seen on PA Attorney that specializes in gun rights website.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
Just had a breaking new special edition....no suspect, no injuries, just lots of scared people.
The same this morning. Supposedly occurred near Modells, but no shooter, no suspects and no victims? They are now saying they found spent cases, but nothing about any bullet damage. It's starting to sound like more of a prank than anything else.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Shots fired inside Lehigh Valley Mall. Police rush in as customers, staff run out. <---The part that some need to remember.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if it was a prank what the resources cost. I know my friend who is a K9 officer was called in.
Could the prank have been a test....determine reaction time and speed to allow for some other event in the future?
Mass assault on responding officers, attack on a different location while resources allocated elsewhere?
I am sure they are thinking all this, but things are odd.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
I wonder if it was a prank what the resources cost. I know my friend who is a K9 officer was called in.
Could the prank have been a test....determine reaction time and speed to allow for some other event in the future?
Mass assault on responding officers, attack on a different location while resources allocated elsewhere?
I am sure they are thinking all this, but things are odd.
These are extremely odd times in which we're living.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
That's the way Kansas law is. If you get caught carrying at the mall, you will be asked to leave. If you don't then they can charge you with trespassing. I won't step foot in any mall in Kansas without my trusty conceal carry piece. If I get caught I'll just leave.

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
That's the way Kansas law is. If you get caught carrying at the mall, you will be asked to leave. If you don't then they can charge you with trespassing. I won't step foot in any mall in Kansas without my trusty conceal carry piece. If I get caught I'll just leave.
Unless you're forced to use your CC piece no one will ever know nor need to know that you have it. If asked to leave any place you risk jail time for trespassing if you refuse. The only exceptions seem to be if you're rioting, looting or committing arson.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
From the news link:

Police responded within five minutes of the shooting, he said.
Had it been a real mass shooting that is 4 minutes and 50 seconds too long, compared to someone who can interfere with the shooter on scene. Not being critical of LE, they can't be everywhere all the time, and they don't have a star trek transporter to instantly send them somewhere.

There was a LE study done of many mass shootings, and in almost all cases the number of dead where there was someone armed who confronted the shooter on scene the # of dead was single digits. When the police had to respond the # of deaths was double digits. The only exception was the Las Vegas shooter, but he was shooting from a protected position at 400 yards into a massive crowd bunched in together, which is not the usual mass shooting. In fact in most mass shootings where there is no on scene resistance, mass shooters have wounded a bunch of people initially and then slowly and methodically finished them off with multiple rounds at close range. One mass shooter only gave up when the police eventually arrived simply because he had no more victims to shoot, and at least 2 mass shooters said they chose their targets simply due to those places not having armed resistance.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Quote: "Had it been a real mass shooting that is 4 minutes and 50 seconds too long, compared to someone who can interfere with the shooter on scene. Not being critical of LE, they can't be everywhere all the time, and they don't have a star trek transporter to instantly send them somewhere."

Amen!

Back when I was a cop, we busted our butts to get any calls where violence was happening but we often only had two cars on the road for an area of about 36 sq miles and 11,000 residents. On 2nd shift, when most of the action was happening, we'd often be out of the car working one complaint and then get one of the emergency calls over our walkie-talkies. We have to run back to the car and then head to the call which could be miles away. Even going as fast as we could, it could often take 10+ minutes to arrive. In my "career" of just over 4 yrs, I can count the times on one hand where I arrived while a violent crime was still ongoing..and still have fingers left. We would have needed 5 or 6 patrol cars on duty most nights just to give the officers a chance to arrive more quickly and the citizens were not about to vote for the increase in taxes to allow that!

I burned-out on that job really fast!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts