Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my new 24/7 G2 40 with a Viridian X5L laser/light combo. I'm anxious to put some rounds through it!

I have a question I was hoping to get some advice on. The location of the stock slots in the rail do not allow the laser to be positioned flush against the trigger guard, causing the laser unit to stick out past the barrel a bit as well as requiring a bit more reach to turn it on.

I was toying with the idea of positioning the laser unit flush against the trigger guard and creating new slots by using the mounting screw holes as a guide and drilling through the rail, matching the size of the mounting screw holes of course.

My question is if anyone has any experience trying this? Should I take it to a gunsmith to have it done? Should I not even try it and leave the unit where it's at?

Any feedback is appreciated! I'm new to this forum and am loving it so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I can't help you with the smithing questions (you'll get plenty of good advice though) but that is a fine looking weapon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliment and welcoming!

I thought I would give an update. I tried the drill, but not much success. My next thought was to try a standard old flat file. After about a half hour of careful filing, it worked.

Attached is the updated photo. The pic may not look a lot different, but the laser is back a good 3/8". No stretching my grip to turn it on! Now...it's time to put some rounds through it!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, You can see the difference in the 2 photos you posted

·
Registered
45 Posts
dont want to hijack the thread but have you found a holster compatable with this setup? Id like to add a light to my G2 but i carry this weapon iwb on a daily basis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts