Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Get a good description and hang around to talk with the police. If he is simply robbing the place, let him have the money. If, on the other hand, he makes an attempt to injure someone with a deadly weapon (tire iron), I'd have to challenge him at gunpoint. (Defending self or others...)

But then, I wasn't there and don't know exactly how it went down.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would do the same thing as pioneer461.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Same here...if I would've stayed retired. ;) But I didn't so I would have acted in my duties as a Police Officer.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
Hard to say back seat driving dose not work in gun fights. what if he's got a buddy out in the car with a sawed off shotgun, kind of changes the whole hero thing don't it. Unless your LEO then your duty bound. But there trained to look for things like that.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Pioneer covered all the bases. Nothing more to add.

[Edit] One more thought: I would see if he fled in a car and get the car's description and plate if I could. I did exactly that this weekend when our neighbor's car was vandalized. [/Edit]

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
pioneer461 said:
Get a good description and hang around to talk with the police. If he is simply robbing the place, let him have the money. If, on the other hand, he makes an attempt to injure someone with a deadly weapon (tire iron), I'd have to challenge him at gunpoint. (Defending self or others...)

Though I'm not a carrier (yet, going in to start the process net week I believe), this seems entirelly the right reaction. Money < Life, every single time.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
I know its hard to say your not going to shoot someone just robbing but I woke up yesterday went to walk the dogs and someone slashed the tires on one of my cars and it was my 26 anniversery spent the whole day dealing with police and insurence and taking off tires and taking them to get changed out with new not a good day. I wonder what I would have done had I cought the BG. Not saying I'd shoot them but a serious butt whuppin would have been in there future :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts