Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One the web site of a LGS, a NIB PT111 Mil Pro is listed. From the description, DAO, and picture, Millennium & Pro on the same side, it seems to be a Gen 2.

Is there that much difference between a DAO trigger and the Gen 3 style SA/DA trigger? Outside of this difference, are there any other major differences?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Older model and the new G2 are both DAO. Newer model has less checkering, 3 dot sights, rail. In the specs in the catalog, the pistol is listed as 10+1 but elsewhere 12+1 like the older model. The Glock trigger is a new feature and the take down mechanism is actuated by a pulldown gizmo rather than a twist/pull-out pin. Looks like the pistols are pretty much the same otherwise and I think there isn't enough improvement or evolution to make me give up my old PT111 which is a gen 3 (12+1 with Heinie sights).

OOOPS the above is my description of the difference between the new G2 (not to be confused with Gen 2 and the Gen 3 I own)... the Gen 2 held 10+1 and the checking was different. The Gen 3 has a DAO trigger as I noted. In order to have the single/double action trigger you mentioned, the pistol would pretty much have to have some sort of hammer and none of the PT111 family does.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
While I have found a couple of misprints in the Taurus 2013 catalog (PT111 - 10 rd. mag & PT140 -12 rd. mag - should be inverse), someone needs to tell them that the MilPro G2 is DAO cause they list it as SA/DA. I would think the only DAO would be for California if it ever gets approved for same. Could be wrong.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here's the deal. Once and for all. Millinneum Pro pistols, the ones you can buy today, are the PT 111, Pt140, and, Pt 145. Maybe a .380. All of these pistols have "taurus generations". The first two are double action only(DAO), long strong pull...goes bang! Same one the next round. The "3rd generation has their SA/DA trigger. SA after a round. If it doesn't fire, it goes to DA, ie. long pull, but it recocks like a DAO. Pull again. If it fires great, if it doesn't reload and run. Also, dovetail sights.

The new G2. Awesome. Except for the rail and glock trigger which is on the 700's, I'd prefer NIB Mil 111, 140, or 145.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the SA/DA for the 3rd generation the major change from the 1st two generations? if I understand the SA and DAO thing correctly, the DAO is as you said long and strong each and every time, but on the 3rd generation, the trigger pull is not as long nor as strong because it's in SA mode all the time, except if it's been decocked or in the event of a misfire? Is this understanding correct?

Here's the deal. Once and for all. Millinneum Pro pistols, the ones you can buy today, are the PT 111, Pt140, and, Pt 145. Maybe a .380. All of these pistols have "taurus generations". The first two are double action only(DAO), long strong pull...goes bang! Same one the next round. The "3rd generation has their SA/DA trigger. SA after a round. If it doesn't fire, it goes to DA, ie. long pull, but it recocks like a DAO. Pull again. If it fires great, if it doesn't reload and run. Also, dovetail sights.

The new G2. Awesome. Except for the rail and glock trigger which is on the 700's, I'd prefer NIB Mil 111, 140, or 145.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep. If it fires, you will be in SA through the mag. If the round doesn't fire, then the trigger goes to double action so you can try to fire the same round again. If the second tap makes the "dud" fire then the pistol should function normally and you would be back to SA. Provided it wasn't your last bullet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep. If it fires, you will be in SA through the mag. If the round doesn't fire, then the trigger goes to double action so you can try to fire the same round again. If the second tap makes the "dud" fire then the pistol should function normally and you would be back to SA. Provided it wasn't your last bullet.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'm not sure this counts as different. From the pictures I've seen, the G2 has 'Millennium Pro' on one side..the G3 has Millennium on one side and PT111 PRO on the other. The other difference is (I think) is the recoil spring. The YOUTUBE videos showing cleaning. The G2 has a spring that comes apart the G3 has a one piece spring assembly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone have idea if milpro 12 rd mags will fit the new PT111 g2?
By the looks of the new g2, my mouth is already watering. Can't wait to add one to my run of PT111s.
1 1st gen. pt111 and 2 2nd gen. PT111s
Now just saving pennies looking forward to the day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.