Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maine Senate OKs concealed-weapons bill | Local News - WMTW Home

"AUGUSTA, Maine —The Maine Senate has given its final approval to a bill to protect as confidential names and other personally identifying information on concealed-weapons permits and has sent the bill to Gov. Paul LePage.

The Senate's 25-8 vote followed a similarly lopsided 114-33 vote in the House, where desperate appeals from some lawmakers to preserve concealed-weapons data as open records failed. Until recently, "

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Maine Senate OKs concealed-weapons bill | Local News - WMTW Home

"AUGUSTA, Maine —The Maine Senate has given its final approval to a bill to protect as confidential names and other personally identifying information on concealed-weapons permits and has sent the bill to Gov. Paul LePage.

The Senate's 25-8 vote followed a similarly lopsided 114-33 vote in the House, where desperate appeals from some lawmakers to preserve concealed-weapons data as open records failed. Until recently, "
You mean there are actually lawmakers in the NE who have some common sense? ;)

Good for them and good for the residents of Maine.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Send that memo to the screw ups here in Missouri!! Everyone was blindsided by what happened our CCW records in our 'gun friendly' state!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah, New England is kinda like Florida, the farther north you go, the more "south" you get. I got my eye on a patch of land in New Hampshire...

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
I am glad the vote wasn't even close!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We do not have Sick City Disease dragging the entire state down.
Portland and Lewiston/Auburn have their antigun politicians but pre-emption and a strong 2A belief among the people helps balance the fight.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A fellow Main-ah!

·
Banned
401 Posts
Howdy,

we now have the same law in Arkansas.

Plus we now recognize every state's CCW permit.

Now if we can just get a "Stand Your Ground" law passed. Maybe next year.
Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts