Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for some SD 9mm since before Christmas and I found a box of MAGTECH Guardian Gold JHP at a local shop. Was just wondering if anyone here had an opinion or any experience with it as I have never heard of them and am weary of unknown ammo

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Yep, I've used that, too, and would buy it again- I'd LOVE to buy it again. Oh, in fact I ordered some from CheaperThanDirt a few weeks ago, said in stock- next day they emailed me a 'never mind.'

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Never shot it, but from what i have read, once you get by all the hype!--typical from any ammo company!
is that its a modern design self defense hollow point, and Mag tech makes pretty good ammo ,at least what i have shot.
so you should be just fine with it.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
27,629 Posts
Yes, it is among my favorites. I have used it in a number of different calibers and have never had a failure - which considering the size of the cavity is a real kudo for their design.

·
Administrator
40,259 Posts
I've used a lot of MagTech ammo, but not that particular variety. It's good stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to buy and use it in any offering.:thumb:

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
327 Posts
Magtech's Guardian Gold 9mm is accurate and very reliable. Goes bang everytime. It is loaded quite as hot as other premium JHPs and the powder used in them burns very cleanly with barely any smoke or flash.

Magtech FMJs are my practice/range and competition ammo of choice. Clean burning powder makes for shooting hundreds of rounds worry free because of minimal carbon build up. Almost like shooting premium JHPs all the time. Loaded quite hot, too.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I've used it a couple of times works great in my PT92.I also like to keep a box with my 92 just cause of the gold accent on the pistol. DSC00546.jpg

Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I have used a lot of the Magtech ammunition for practice sessions in the past and have
never had any issues with it. I still have a couple of boxes of the Magtech .44 Special
and .45 LC. I haven't tried any of the Guardian Gold in 9MM yet but I will have to see
if I can find some and if the price is right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts