Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
I've used a ton in .45 Colt. Shoots well, does what it's supposed to and it's not that dirty either. My experience with it has been good. :thumb:

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Smokewagon said:
I've used a ton in .45 Colt. Shoots well, does what it's supposed to and it's not that dirty either. My experience with it has been good. :thumb:
I have run a couple hundred 45 colt thru my JUDGE, and with the exception of being a little smoky, and to me a little dirty all operations were great. It was the cheapest purchase I made untill I bought some from Texas, Collins Cartridge Co.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've used it as cheap but still quality plinking ammo for years. I haven't heard anything either way about their defensive ammo.

Steelheart

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I use it in my .500 Magnum and have no issues with it. It burns clean, has plenty of 'oomph' and doesn't break the bank when I buy a box (as far as .500 Magnum ammo goes). :p

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've used Magtech over the past few years in various calibers. It's accurate while being cheap enough for plinking or at the range. Compared to WWB, Rem. UMC, PMC Bronze and S&B, it cleans up about the same. +1 to S&B for sealing their primers with lacquer.

Wolf ammo has to be some of the most inconsistent and dirty ammo I've purchased.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I only use magtech or umc for practice. Never had an issue with it. It's cheap, accurate and not that dirty of an ammo. I've been using their Gaurdian Gold 124gr JHP in my 24/7 9mm and have never had an issue. I'm going to try their First defense 92gr SCHP 9mm ammo shortly to see how it works in my XDsc. ;D

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Have used it in 9mm, .38 Special, and .45 ACP. Great Stuff and I highly recommend it! 8) ;D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have shot the 240gr JHP in the .44 Mag. I like it, it's accurate,pretty clean shooting, & shoots as well as any factory .44 Mag load I have used. The emptys almost fell out of the cylinder. I'd buy it again. Frank

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The 240 gr jsp is my pet round for my .44 mag, and magtech are by far the most economical of the ammo manufacturers for .44 mag. I also have a box or 2 of .44 mag hardball, for those of us who have to abide by the Hague convention.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I use there 158gr round nose lead in 38spl. for practice and plucking. Have had good results with it. Have also used there 45acp in 230gr very accurate. They use new components and you can reload the brass.

·
Administrator
40,646 Posts
OK, we got a guy in another thread scratchin' his itch with a revolver, now we're pluckin' with one. Couldn't resist. :D

rdoggsilva said:
I use there 158gr round nose lead in 38spl. for practice and plucking. Have had good results with it. Have also used there 45acp in 230gr very accurate. They use new components and you can reload the brass.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Smokewagon you got me on that one :-[ :D

·
Registered
846 Posts
I shot some 240 in my .44 when I first got it, I had no problems at all, seemed to me a little hotter than the others I had, but nothing bad.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The self-defense .38spl ammo I tested seems to be junk compared to the American stuff.

For practice and plinking, it seems to be OK, if a bit dirty.

Josh <><

·
Registered
55 Posts
I recently used a 50rd. box of Magtech .40cal S&W for practice and gun sight zeroing and it performed quite well...

I tend to agree with Joshua below that the Magtech ammo are a bit dirty when used, but for the price, it does its job well.

No complaints here! ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Guardian Gold 9mm 124gr JHP is my choice for SD. My Kahr CW9 likes it. It's also my SD choice for .38spec +P 125gr JHP. They seemed pretty clean to me and accurate. The .38spec FMJ is reliable for practice and I like the 125gr option there. I like MagTech and will try their Solid Copper Hollow Point soon.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I had issues with their 38spl RNL. It was very dirty, had some hard primers that didn't fire, and leaded up my barrels pretty bad to the point it was spitting molten lead out the sides of the cylinder gap in my 605. Their 9mm has been good though.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've used the First Defense MagTech ammo. Basically on par with the Cor-Bon DPX loads (Just not as hot as Cor-Bon)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts