Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
They have the wrong picture - appears to be a 709 mag, but most definitely a good price for PT111Pro12 mag.

·
Registered
67 Posts
bought 2 from academy when i bought my gun. same price, ~$27 with free shipping. Couldnt beat that. Plus they were near me in Orlando so i got it in like a day or two. They are exactly the same as the ones that came with the gun.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Yes, that's the wrong picture, but that's good price. I've seen three Academy stores (two here in Dallas and one in Lawton, OK) consistently have three or four PT111 mags on the rack. They were $32.99 when I first noticed, then stayed on "special" for a long time at $29.99. If $26.99 is now the new permanent price, that's a good thing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These guys have hundreds of them in stock right now: Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 PRO 12 Round 9mm Magazine but not nearly as cheap as the ones from your link. Do the ones from acadamey have the two holes in the back to see approx round count ? I've got some aftermarket ones that have no holes and the originals that have them.
I read some reviews posted and they seem to be identical to original mags, but some are saying the springs are not as stiff as the original ones and therefore easier to load.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
These guys have hundreds of them in stock right now: Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 PRO 12 Round 9mm Magazine but not nearly as cheap as the ones from your link. Do the ones from acadamey have the two holes in the back to see approx round count ? I've got some aftermarket ones that have no holes and the originals that have them.
The mags at Academy are Taurus OEM with two witness holes on the side, not the back, identical to the mags that came with the gun.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Poor Taurus. They seem to struggle getting the magazines out to the buying public. Don't quite get that.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I ordered a couple. I'll post if they don't fit the PT111 G2.
If they are genuine OEM, they will fit. The Millennium Pro and G2 use exactly the same magazine, same part number.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Now if ONLY Taurus will send me my replacement PT111 Mil G2 I'll get to use my spare mags again. LOL

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for the headsup! I just ordered 2 mags and the best part was I paid using PayPal instead of a credit card.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for the tip. A brand new Academy store opened less than five miles from my house just before the holiday season.

I'll pick up a couple of mags at that low price.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My mags were shipped yesterday from a location here in my state, got them today. Both have witness holes on the sides and came in Taurus blister packs. One is easy to load, the other is stiffer than my original mags.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts