Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All...
Don't know if this is the right forum for this but I am gonna throw this out there anyway!!!!

Does anyone know where I can get some magazines for my PT 111 G2 for less than the $40-50 I see online? I am in the Orlando FL area and the few shops I have visited and inquired about these mags have told me that they don't have them and don't know where to get them.

I was also told and saw it online that Sig P226 mags will fit/work in my weapon....info/thoughts?

Any and all help and/or info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Bud

AKA....RetiredArmySSG2014

·
Registered
7,463 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Taurus Millennium Pro mags are the same for Mil G2 #5-11101PRO-12 (drop the -12 for a 10 rounder). Sig P226 mags will work, but stick out past mag well about 3/4" +/- - same for earlier 24/7 mags (NOT 24/7G2). I've seen PT111G2 (PRO) mags recently on line - I think it was Midway USA. EDIT: Midway shows stock on 12 rd.

Taurus Mag Taurus PT-111PRO 9mm Luger Blue

·
Registered
656 Posts
I ordered PT111 G2 mags directly from Taurus.

I can confirm that Sig P226 18 round mags work perfectly in the G2 as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
p226 32 rds work, 24-7g1 17 rds work 24-7 g2 will work after grinding the slot. 24-7's about $23 at fleet stores, the p226 $15 online stores
Geoff

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I was also told and saw it online that Sig P226 mags will fit/work in my weapon....info/thoughts?
I have mec gar magazines designed for the Sig P226, and they've been working just fine in my PT111 G2 so far. :)
I don't know about reliability from other magazine manufacturers.

"The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment, and I am going to make that case every chance I get." Hillary Clinton, September 25, 2015

·
Registered
354 Posts
In stock at www.academy.com

$32.99
I don't see one specifically for the "G2", but there is one for the PT111 Pro & it looks like it would fit (from the image) & it costs less than you listed. It shows $26.99 ea.

Also, something wrong with the link you posted. It doesn't take you the Academy Sports.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
CDNN has them in stock, as mentioned, at $29.99. Unlike those who admit that they don't own a Taurus semi-auto, I've never had any trouble finding mags for them locally. That included the PT709 at the height of the "nobody has them" whining.

Most shops will special order mags if you pay up front. However, it's the Distributors who often drop the ball on stocking spare mags. My shop went through three to find Ruger American .45 ACP pistol mags when they debuted. Seems they all got the guns, but nobody bothered to order more than a couple of spares, total. Sadly, mini-runs on a product keep prices at near MSRP levels, insuring higher profits to the distributor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts