Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the range and tried something new. I filled the magazine to 10 on my pt-145 and started having misfeeds. Slide wouldnt go all the way into battery. After a few rounds the gun cycled ok. Before I would just load about five rounds into magazine. Gun is about 3 months old and now have about 200 rounds through it. Would you say the magazines are not fully broken in yet. Both mags did the same.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm having a mag issue too... I've got one that will drop free, and the other doesn't. For the life of me I can't figure out why. I even sanded down suspect edges.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these mags are really stiff. The whole gun I think in time after it becomes a little worn will get better. Again only loading half the mag capacity I had no problem, only when loading all ten did I encounter problems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Take mags apart and check all out. The factory puts a a light film of oil on everything. A good checking and cleaning might fix problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
clean entire weapond............taurus is very picky when dirty. Sometimes the chamber build up with powder, etc. and it cause the round to not sit flush and this can cause the slide not to go into full battery. Also, try a different type of ammo.

I do not think a mag needs much breaking-in, the mag is not a wearable part. The springs can get weak, but a stiffer spring is better. To check to see if the spring is weak........unload the gun and put the empty mag inside and pull back the slide to see if it stay open. if it stays open the the spring is good. Like I said, clean everything and then try a different brand of ammo and i can assure you there is like a 98% of solving the problem

·
Registered
62 Posts
BigBadBull said:
I'm having a mag issue too... I've got one that will drop free, and the other doesn't. For the life of me I can't figure out why. I even sanded down suspect edges.
I had the same problem in my mill pro it turned out to be the mag releas was chiped and would let the mag fall after acouple of shots a new mag releas fixed the problem check your mag releas for wear hope you can fix the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts