Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a generation 3 24/7 pro 45 acp. Took is to the range and every round nose dived both mags. I noticed that when I check the mags trying to strip them off the mag that original looks good seated in the mag but when I push the cartridge oiut manually it start nose diving right out of the mag. Is the a tweak i can try or is this just get new mags or springs and try again>using a mixture of self defense 230 gr golden sabre and target ammo UMC green bow. Now mine you these target loads were hollow point. Had the RO load round nose and he put all 24 in the target without a problem. Also had a couple double feeds inthe middle of each mag. Any Ideas.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've had mags in the past that stuck a bit. I took the mag apart and lightly sanded the follower on all sides so it slide freely in the mag housing. Not sure if this is your problem, but if you try pushing the follower done by hand (use a rod/pencil.pen, etc) and it feels sticky or wants to tilt it could help.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I'm moving this to the semi-auto section since I think you will get more help offered there!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
If you have the older magazine on the right, the cartridge will "submarine". Taurus replaced those mags with the newer one on the left. If you have the older one, send them back and they will gladly replace them. If not, then I can't help. :)

Click pic to enlarge. (For some reason I don't like putting the full size pic on my posts...it tends to detract from my words)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts