Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: Good day to all. i own a taurus pt909 9mm 17 round pistol. I do have a question regarding the high capacity magazine...perhaps anybody here can assist me...my question is, is it ok to keep the magazine loaded even in storage. Will it damage the spring or should i leave the ammo out of the magazines instead of loading the bullets inside while in storage? any opinion on this...and another question....where can i get a pair of grips for my pistol. Unfortunately, when i purchased the pistol the left side checkered grip had a damaged at the bottom part and i want to replace the grips..i believe richard from taurus is here correct? richard if you can read my post please assist me on where i can purchase a new pair of checkered grips for my Taurus PT909. I love this gun and your assistance is much appreciated...Thank you in advance...have a great day.

·
Administrator
18,108 Posts
Congratulations on the acquisition of your PT909 and Welcome to the Forum! Please be sure to post a Range Report and let us know how it shoots for you! ;D

As for leaving magazines loaded, this is currently a subject of some controversy here. I rotate my loaded magazines in my home defense pistol on a regular basis, every 2 months. You should get spare magazines, particularly if your pistol is used for home defense. If your PT909 is not being used as a Self/Home Defense handgun, store it with the Magazine(s) unloaded.

The PT909 will use PT92 Magazines and Grips. I recommend the 17 round PT92 Mec-Gar Magazines from CDNN Investments. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/taurus.html

For replacement grips, simply call the Taurus Customer Service Desk and order them.

Happy and Safe Shooting! ;D :shooter:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good day jwc007, thank you the info..i really appreciate it...i will order that magazine, the one that you mentioned...and the grip....i went to the range today..i cleaned my PT909 and shot my first 150 rounds...so far, i did not encounter any problem with it. no jams or misfeed. I tried to load the magazine 5 rounds each on the first few shots and then loaded the mags in full...and it went ok....this is my first pistol and all i can say is i'm happy with its performance. I will try to get another 150 rounds for it again and i will post the results here. The only problem i had was the grip and its ok since i can get a pair for it. I used the birchwoodcasey barricade to clean it before and after firing. so far so good. have a great day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts