Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about my OSS DS mags. Is there an easy fix for the magazine to slip out of the gun "quicker"? Even with a full mag of .45's, I have to pull the mag out by hand. It really more of an annoyance than a problem, because it comes right out. I was looking for the magazine to drop out on its own though, while reaching for the full mag...a basic 'combat reload scenario'... Am I asking to much for the gun to unload itself when I hit the mag release? Any comments would be helpful. I have tried dry graphite but that didn't do much. TIA Dave

·
Super Moderator
35,575 Posts
Does it happen with all magazines and can you see a spot on the mag where the paint is wearing or scratched? If one mag sticks more than another the mag/s may be out of spec. If all stick equally look for the place where they are binding by marks on the mags. You are correct, they should drop out when you hit the release empty of full. If no clue is found on the wear pattern I would probably suspect the mag release.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had a similar problem with my PT-845, hit the release and had to manually pull out the mag even loaded. I had another problem and had to send the gun back to Miami and just put that on the paperwork and when it came back it was completely fixed. There was no explanation when it returned, but I didn't care at the time but I wish now I knew what they did to fix it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys! Checked the mags and found rub marks in one side of both. I took some Scotchbrite and rubbed it up and down a few times and then checked the fall again,that seemed to fix the problem...both magazines fall free. Part of the problem, too,I have short thumbs and sometimes it seems I don't get the release pushed all the way. I have to roll the pistol in a touch to get a fully depressed release.So it was a couple small things added together to create the problem. Thanks for the insights. Merry Christmas and
Happy New Year! :D

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
It was probably a bit of extra black sprayed on that would have eventually wore down. But better to find solutions now than to think of them after the fact when you needed it. Glad to know you spotted the problems, no matter how small they may have been.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts