Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I want to say i really like my PT-92 AF-D,runs great.My question is,is it normal for the rounds to want to nose over when loading a magazine? these are the stock mags that came with it.Like I said it runs perfect,just a pain sometimes when loading.Might add gun has low round count thru it.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If it is happening during loading, you may not be getting them seated to the magazine's back. I use a magazine loading tool like an UpLula to load mine to prevent this. My Mec-Gar mags do this if I load them with my fingers.

https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-UpLU...532895647&sr=8-1&keywords=uplula+9mm+to+45acp

Now while loading a magazine, it helps to slap the magazine's back lightly to get the ammo to seat in the mag. This also makes cycling more reliable.

Maloy

·
Registered
345 Posts
A magazine speed loader will eliminate that problem because you have to Pus the base of the cartridge fully into the magazine before you can load another round. I would not be without one

Reactions: Bruntson

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Yes. Unless you use a loader.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
[,is it normal for the rounds to want to nose over when loading a magazine?/QUOTE]

Yes.
Because the feed lips extend to within .050 of the case mouth and as you push down with the next case down is where it has to go until there is enough room under the feed lips to push the case under them.
You are forward of the center of the cartridge.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
First off I want to say i really like my PT-92 AF-D,runs great.My question is,is it normal for the rounds to want to nose over when loading a magazine? these are the stock mags that came with it.Like I said it runs perfect,just a pain sometimes when loading.Might add gun has low round count thru it.
Mine do this at times. It's the follower...need an anti-tilt type.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Doesn't happen with MecGar 92 mags - only Taurus OEM mags. Doesn't affect operation.

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Buy two when you do it, some how one of them will come up missing. Better yet, buy the pink one, no one will steal it!

:D

It's a time saver for sure.

Reactions: loudviking and Wino
1 - 12 of 12 Posts