Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it that is wrong with the magazines that causes these guns to jam. My 24/7 have been jamming alot and i thought that it was the ammunition. I have concluded that it isnt the ammo so I think that it might be the magazine that is causing it.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I had a mag that had a hairline fracture in the rear, that cause problems loading and FTL. Since replacement no problems.

HOwever, I have heard that the wrong hold will cause problems with some of these things loading and ejecting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have, for one on my .45.

I had problems with one of the two original mags (not feeding reliably), and called Taurus and sent it back about a week ago. In the meantime, I ordered a new magazine from Cheaper-than-Dirt and it seems to be working fine. Unfortunately, now my second original magazine is giving problems with feeding, and I'm afraid I'll have to send that back also.

Hope this gets solved soon.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/13219-14013-1355.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 27/7 pro 9mm. Bought 2 mags from Taurus, while shooting at the range the first mag would slip out. The second mag all the bullets fell from the bottom. Sent them back on 26 Nov 07. Call customer service on 13 Dec 07, Rep stated the new mag were sent out on the 12th.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had failure to feed issues every single time I loaded my two original mags. At least one FTF every single full mag I shot. If I only loaded the mag half-way, it would work 3 mags out of 4 without an FTF. I sent one of my mags in to Taurus about 12 days ago, and just got it back yesterday.

I shot 84 rounds through that mag last night without any problems. In fact, I had one single FTF, and it was the first mag, which I accidentally loaded with 6 JHPs and then 6 FMJs. After that, I shot 6 more full mags, 2 with 230 grain Remmington JHPs, and 4 with 230 grain CCI Blazer (not Blazer Brass) FMJs, and 1 230 grain CCI Blazer Brass FMJs.

So people, believe it when you read it. Taurus Customer Service sent me a brand new, still in the package 12 shot 24/7 Pro magazine and it works flawlessly.

I am going to send in my other mag asap. I'll post again when I get it back and try it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to sent my 24/7 in to Taurus on the December 31, 07 and Taurus received it on 4 Jan 08. Received it from Taurus on 15 Feb 08. They replace the Mag release and the firing pin. I no longer have a problems with my Mags coming out after I fire and now have over 1200 rounds through this gun. Love it. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts