Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 24/7 PRO in .45 ACP in January and have loved it. I have fired over 500 rounds through, but recently I have had problems with one of the magazines. I mark all my magazines on my firearms so I can monitor if one mag is causing problems. The same magazine has given me FTF the last couple of times I have used it. Saturday, when I was shooting, the mag did not even push the bullets up for the slide to catch on rounds 4, 5 and 6. Does anyone know if Taurus will replace these? I hate to spend $35 on a new mag if they are going to fail after 250 rounds.

Other then the mag I love the pistol. The other mag is flawless so I know the pistol is good.

Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've heard from others that, yes, Taurus will replace the mags if they are the problem. You may have to send them the gun too, so that they can verify everything else is OK. But call them first. See what they say.

·
Administrator
18,470 Posts
Taurus has had problems with some of the early .45 PT24/7's Magazine Springs being too weak and has been replacing the whole magazines, free of charge. Please contact Taurus on this, as has been recommended. Even if you have to send the Pistol and magazines back, it will be well worth having your Pistol completely gone over.

Newer .45 PT24/7's have been working fine and this Pistol is on my "to buy" list, which keeps growing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I contacted Taurus today and the customer service rep said to mail them the mag and they will replace it. Hope it's that easy. I'll let you know.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Its good you didn't have to send the gun. Usually if you have several mags, and keep track of them and document the problem, a letter of explanation stating you have narrowed it down to one mag will be sufficient for the service department to replace the mag without sending the gun. Sure saves a few bucks!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
JTF96B said:
I mark all my magazines on my firearms so I can monitor if one mag is causing problems. The same magazine has given me FTF the last couple of times I have used it.
Good idea... and we will appreciate updating the replacement issue! Some extra strength springs from Wolf might be another option for guys to try

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at the Wolff web page and did not see a spring for the 24/7. Do you use the spring for another firearm? If so, which one is the most compatible?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been in the process of a move, thanks to to the Army, but I did get my magazine about three weeks ago. I opened up the mail and there was a box with a brand new magazine in it. Works like a champ. All told it took me about three weeks to get a magazine back after I mailed them the old one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Excellent. It sounds like Taurus service came through for you.

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.