Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know how to better explain.

There is a gap of about 1.5-2mm between the plastic magazine end piece and the grip.

I can press the magazine in to make it flush. Honestly it's just cosmetic because I haven't had any issues with fail to feeds.

There is a slight complaint. It feels uncomfortable on my pinky when gripping the pistol.

Any way to solve this?

This is what my gun looks like...

Any way to get it to look like this?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned two and both of them do the same thing. It's only cosmetic and doesn't, in any way, effect the functioning of the gun. I would know, I've gotten 1100 rounds between the two and only two failures to fire...which is why we have DA mode.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know it doesn't affect the shooting, I've put over 3000 through mine with 2 fail to fire, one of which did shoot on the second trigger pull.

Its just cosmetic and at times it gets to me as my pinky of my strong hand is slightly "pinched" resting in there sometimes. Not enough to complain too much about, but if it was an easy fix, I'd take the time to do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmmm....well if I had to guess I'd say that it's probably the design of the follower in the magazine or the spring placing pressure on the follower against the slide causing the magazine to jut out of the grip causing the gap. Wordy, I know. As far as correcting it, I'm at a loss. I can see how it would be annoying . The only possible fix I can think of would be to trim off a coil of the spring in the magazine. This might remedy it, but don't quote me on that. It could also affect the functioning of the gun.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
you could always get some thin single sticky sided puffy tape stuff and put it around the lip of the base plate so it fills the gap

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldn't mess with the springs you will just cause yourself problems. If the mag is locking in the gun there isn't a lot you can do. How high up the mag seats depends on the slot cut in the mag for the mag catch. If the slot is cut lower the mag sits higher, if it's cut higher the mag sits lower. I would think on an older gun you could have wear on the mag release that would let the mag hang slightly lower but that's just a guess. I know a company called EGW makes special mag releases for 1911's that make the mags seat .020" higher to help with feeding problems but that is a different story. Mark

·
Registered
40 Posts
GREAT TOPIC!....this is more than a cosmetic problem....this is the kind of thing that gives taurus the "cheap, low quality gun reputation"...and as a big-time taurus fan, i find it completely unacceptable.

i've experienced this "mag doesn't fit right" problem on my .40 s&w model 24/7 pistol, and i've also seen this problem on several .40 & .45 models in 4 different stores. yeah, my .40 never missed a beat, but this problem was the reason i traded it for a s&w m&p .40. the m&p has no such problem.

i belive this is a mag production issue. i believe the cut in the mag for the mag catch is the issue. simple design engineering, manufacturing tolerances, and quality control. i really like the 24/7 pistols, but other mfg's don't have this problem. i checked for this very problem on other brand of guns before deciding to ditch my .40 24/7 pistol. who's guns don't have this problem?....well, for starters, i can tell you the following had perfectly fitting magazines: CZ, S&W, FN, H&K, Sig, Glock, XD, and several others. CZ, S&W, and FN are my favorites, but fact is i could not find this problem on any other pistol i checked----and i checked-out a lot of guns! i've purchased two CZ's and two M&P's this year. some of these sales would have gone to taurus, if they didn't have this problem.

GOOD NEWS: i also have a 9mm 24/7 longslide with mags that fit almost perfectly. i've also seen other 24/7 9mm pistols in several stores that did not have this problem (4" and 13 round compact models included). were the 9mm mags designed or built better than the other calibers? is this just a coincidence, or did taurus get it right on the 9mm?

this is the #1 thing i will check before buying an OSS pistol....if they ever actually ship the OSS models....and i really do want one.

bottom line....i've shot a total of 10k rounds thru my 24/7 pisols, and i love them. but if you can't make a quality product, you're not competitive, and i'll spend my money with a mfg that is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is the same way...24/7 in .40 caliber...and magazines rattle too. I love shooting the gun but feel like a cheap pimp while carrying it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It doesn't bother me that much. Like I said to me it is just a cosmetic issue. No fail to feeds so meh, i'll keep on shooting :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the 24/7 pro in the 40. cal that I just purchased brand new. my mag also doesnt sit all the way down and you have to put alot of pressure on it just to get it to load. has anyone else had that problem. my though is just that it being a new gun and all the springs are probably just really stiff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well when my mag has 14 or 15 rounds in it (.40) it takes quite a bit of pressure if the action is closed.

With the slide open, it clicks in very easily. I'm assuming that is normal.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah that is the same way with me the only thing is that when the slide is open and i slam the mag in it will cause the slide to completely close does yours do that as well? i dont have a problem with that i was just checking to make sure that was normal.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Someone on another thread had the same complaint and it was suggested that an o-ring be put on the mag to keep itfrom pinching the finger. Sounds like an inexpensive solution to a problem that affects some people. Have the gap on my mags but never been bitten. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Proctor, it was me who mentioned the slide automatically closing when a mag was slammed in. I suppose it's normal. It worried me at first, but now I just think it's cool. Allows me to get back into the fight quicker. It's quirky, but in the end I think it works out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.