Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once asked a Taurus CS representative about whether or not magazines for the 24/7, OSS, 809, and 24/7 G2 were interchangeable. And if I recall correctly, I was informed they were not. But I don't think this individual fully comprehended my question regarding the magazine compatibility, or lack of, between these four different, yet similar pistols.

Will mags for the 24/7 work with the OSS?

Will mags for the 24/7 work with the 809?

Will mags for the 24/7 work with the 24/7 G2?

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
well i will answer this to the best of my knowledge!
First the OSS is a 24/7 so yes they will fit!- its actually a 24/7 OSS D/S.
all 24/7 magazines of the same caliber will interchange with all other 24/7's (24/7, 24/7 pro, 24/7 Pro D/S, 24/7 OSS D/S, 24/7 pro LS) except for the 24/7 C (compact) pro D/S shortly magazine!
the compact short magazine is to short to lock up in the 24/7's of any other designation, the regular (1) sized magazine that also comes witht he C model will work in the other 24/7's.
the other magazies that you list will not work in the 24/7 series or vice versus.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i will answer this to the best of my knowledge!
First the OSS is a 24/7 so yes they will fit!- its actually a 24/7 OSS D/S.
all 24/7 magazines of the same caliber will interchange with all other 24/7's (24/7, 24/7 pro, 24/7 Pro D/S, 24/7 OSS D/S, 24/7 pro LS) except for the 24/7 C (compact) pro D/S shortly magazine!
the compact short magazine is to short to lock up in the 24/7's of any other designation, the regular (1) sized magazine that also comes witht he C model will work in the other 24/7's.
the other magazies that you list will not work in the 24/7 series or vice versus.
Thank you for confirming what I suspected. :smile:

·
Registered
548 Posts
I will verify the 24/7 Pro mags will fit in the 24/7 OSS. The LGS had a used 24/7 Pro in there this morning when I picked up my OSS so just to check we checked and the mags from the Pro worked perfect in my OSS.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Thank you for confirming what I suspected. :smile:

you are welcome!
I see that you have a 24/7 DAO listed as owning, is it a 24/7 or a 24/7 Kalifornia compliant?
just curious as you seldom see an original 24/7 (no numbers/no letters) still around.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I will verify the 24/7 Pro mags will fit in the 24/7 OSS. The LGS had a used 24/7 Pro in there this morning when I picked up my OSS so just to check we checked and the mags from the Pro worked perfect in my OSS.
Yep, just be careful when picking up older magzines as Taurus did redesign the followers and the feed lips a couple times in the later designs for better functuioning and longer life.
I think there are 3 different series of them?
try to get the later versions, there is a sticky(maybe a post) on this if you want to see the differences and how to identify them.
I believe all the PRO D/S have the last design mags.

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
you are welcome!
I see that you have a 24/7 DAO listed as owning, is it a 24/7 or a 24/7 California compliant?
just curious as you seldom see an original 24/7 (no numbers/no letters) still around.
My wife purchased this 24/7 DAO 9x19 pistol new from Gander Mountain just before this model was replaced by the PRO series. She received a $100.00 discount on this pistol due to the probability GM wanted to liquidate these early models to clear the shelves for the newer PRO pistols.

Yes, it came equipped with two 17 round mags. I purchased five more 17 round mags later on.

Reactions: VINCENT

·
Registered
548 Posts
To answer one other part of you question, the 24/7 G2 mags wil not work in any of the previous 24/7 models. Im not sure on the 800 series fitting but I thought reading somewhere the 24/7 mags do fit but dont quote me on that.

You wanna sell any of those mags? lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To answer one other part of you question, the 24/7 G2 mags will not work in any of the previous 24/7 models. I'm not sure on the 800 series fitting but I thought reading somewhere the 24/7 mags do fit but don't quote me on that.

You wanna sell any of those mags? lol
Not today. :biggrin:

Whenever I buy a new pistol, I always order at least three more factory original, or aftermarket mags to supplement the 1-3 mags that come with the pistol... And Mec-Gar is the king of aftermarket mags. They make great 15-18 round mags for the PT-92/99. But, sadly, none - that I know of anyway - for the 24/7 series.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
My wife purchased this 24/7 DAO 9x19 pistol new from Gander Mountain just before this model was replaced by the PRO series. She received a $100.00 discount on this pistol due to the probability GM wanted to liquidate these early models to clear the shelves for the newer PRO pistols.
Very nice, there isn't a lot of the original 24/7's floating around!
they made a chunk of them, but they have gone by the wayside I guess with the SA/DA Pro series introduction.
And you can qoute Compass on the "NO" the G-2 magazine is not compatible with the first generation 24/7's.
IF you notice I did NOT list the G-2 series in any of the listings of what would work.
others may have more input on what will work on the G-2 but i have no idea.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
As long as its from any 24/7 (non compact) model, yes it will.
Exactly IF it is a Kalifornia compliant magazine in any caliper it will fit a non Kalifornia gun of the same caliber!
The outside diemensions and lockup are the same, only the inside is different.
as noted the compact shorty magazine will not fit any 24/7 except the compact version, its to short to lock up in the standard sized frame grip.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
To my knowledge, only mags for the 809 will work in the 809 without modifications. An 800 series owner may have more info.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,873 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to Taurus platform.
Have a question what magazines will work with Taurus P809?
Welcome to the forum, CZ75BD! Let me suggest you go here: PT92 & Other Taurus Pistols and if you don't find a thread that answers your question, feel free to start one. The aforementioned link is where the 800 series guys hang out.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to Taurus platform.
Have a question what magazines will work with Taurus P809?
He-He-He, If you are use to the CZ75 and magazine availability then you are going to be disappointed.
welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried a Sig 226 9mm magazine in mine as suggested by Klucas928 and it worked great giving me 18 rounds in place of 12. I just need some PVC pipe to make a grip extension sleeve or to buy some for it.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
PT24/7 15 round in a PT140. I bought the spacers from Taurus, I doubt they have any more.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts