Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will G2 Magazines fit the G3? Having problems locating after market G3 mags, but it looks like everyone has G2s.

·
8,553 Posts
THe feed lips, follower, and mag cutouts are very similar. I know G3 mags work in the G2C. So I assume if you have an extended G2c mag, you can remove the spacer and use in the G3.

·
Vendor
141 Posts
The Mecgar 18 round mags for a Sig p226 work fine in the G3, but you would have to come up with your own solution for a filler from the bottom of the gun to the top of the mag plate if you wanted it to look finished.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Mecgar 18 round mags for a Sig p226 work fine in the G3, but you would have to come up with your own solution for a filler from the bottom of the gun to the top of the mag plate if you wanted it to look finished.
Sounds like a job for somebody with solidworks and a 3d printer!

·
Vendor
141 Posts
Honestly it works pretty decent with just the stock 17 round mag spacer. My G3 with the stock 17 round mag and spacer has about a 1/16" gap, with the MecGar 18 round mag for a Sig P226 it is about 1/8"- 3/16", so not perfect, but not a huge deal either. IMG_20191215_101841.jpg IMG_20191215_101754.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
My G3 hasn't arrived yet, but I saw a video showing that Bereta 92 mags work in the G3. That should mean my PT92 mags fit it as well. I cant wait to see if my 18 round Mec-gars work 😄

·
Registered
109 Posts
Look up bloodywheels on youtube and ebay, he prints several mag spacers for Taurus pistol and mag combos. Quality and reasonable prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My G3 hasn't arrived yet, but I saw a video showing that Bereta 92 mags work in the G3. That should mean my PT92 mags fit it as well. I cant wait to see if my 18 round Mec-gars work 😄
Update. My PT92 mags don't work.....yet.;) They are exactly the same shape, however the slot for the mag catch is much lower on the PT92 mags. I'm going to add the extra catch slot on my 2 18 rounders so that they will work in both guns :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
They wont work. I added the slot and got it to lock in just fine, but the feed wasn't optimal. I then noticed that the angle the magazine offers the cartridge is different, so it doesn't want to go up the ramp very well. Better to not try it. :att:

·
Registered
445 Posts
My brother reliably uses Sig P226 mags in his. It makes it nice he carries the P266 as a deputy. He bought spacers from someone on Ebay.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
They wont work. I added the slot and got it to lock in just fine, but the feed wasn't optimal. I then noticed that the angle the magazine offers the cartridge is different, so it doesn't want to go up the ramp very well. Better to not try it. :att:
Thanks for sharing the R&D work you did though. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts