Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've field stripped and cleaned my new 24/7 G2c .40 and I want to make sure I've got the grease out of the mags too. I get the little tab/clip from the spring plate pushed in, but the mag bottom won't budge. Any suggestions? I don't want to have to take it to a shop to do something I should be able to take care of. I'm really anxious to finally go out and shoot!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Make sure the divit is pushed in all the way. You may have to use a bit of elbow grease to get it off, they are very tight.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
They are pretty stiff when you try to take them off the first few times. Push the tab in with a small screwdriver and push the backing plate with your thumb.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had to tap my PT111 mag with the plastic handle of a screwdriver while holding the spring in with an allen wrench.

Reactions: makehimknown

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. You are right. They are really tight. I bought the gun at a shop right down the street and the guy there is super. He just used a punch, set the mag on a block and tapped the back of the plate with a rubber mallet. Only took him a few seconds. I think between his advice and your tips I'll be able to get it next time. Luckily, you don't need to clean the mag every time you clean the gun. I wanted to make sure I got all the packing grease out and just lightly oil before I shoot it. Don't want any jams or fails if I can prevent them. Thanks again to everyone. I really love this forum!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I always make sure that the barrel is pointed in a safe direction...:) just kidding. When I 1st took mine apart I had the same problem. It will get easier with practice and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just recently cleaned all three of my magazines this week. Being a right-handed person, I was able to use a small flat head screwdriver to push the tab down while i held the bottom of the magazine in my left hand, and pushing the first plastic clip down away from the magazine bottom with just my thumb. All four left-handed fingers were gripped onto the bottom of the magazine (the second pullaway part). Good luck in the future with removing the covers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts