Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a Mag well for my new toy, however after looking around I cannot seem to find any.

Anyone have a source?

·
Registered
31 Posts
There was an earlier posting about someone had bought a mag well from Brownell's that fits under the grips & attaches to the lower grip screws, you have to shave some material off under the grips for proper fit. It looked pretty good & inexpensive.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just a quick respose. They have a few on ebay that fit under the grips. Just bought one. Due here tomorrow. Will update then. Ejoy rhe toy.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The mag well came in and I put it on. It does fit under the grips on the bottom grip screws. I was very fortunate that the walnut grips I bought to replace the originals already had the undersides routed to fit this mag well to the frame without any mods. It looks and functions great. I got a set of three. If you PM me, I will work out something to get one to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
BikerBen4 said:
I put a 1-piece mainspring housing/extended magwell from Smith & Alexander on mine, and it dropped in with ZERO fitting.
I did the same. No problems and looks great. Man, I wish I would have known somehow that anybody was lookin for a slip on style mag well. I have a like new Wilson Combat magwell that I'd sell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Punisher.45 said:
I did the same. No problems and looks great. Man, I wish I would have known somehow that anybody was lookin for a slip on style mag well. I have a like new Wilson Combat magwell that I'd sell.
I might want it for my next 1911 build. I'm not to that point yet, but I'll let you know if/when I get there.

Pretty good lookin' pistol you have there, by the way...

·
Registered
3 Posts
North Star said:
The mag well came in and I put it on. It does fit under the grips on the bottom grip screws. I was very fortunate that the walnut grips I bought to replace the originals already had the undersides routed to fit this mag well to the frame without any mods. It looks and functions great. I got a set of three. If you PM me, I will work out something to get one to you.
You say you got it off of eBay. They only ones I have seen are polymer. Is it the polymer one? If so, is it made well?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts