Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24/7 G2 compact 9mm. I normally keep the 13 round mags in it, but I do have a few of the 17 round mags with the spacers. I was thinking about trying to find (key words "trying to") a few more of the 17 round mags for the g2, but I have read some posts about it being near impossible to find the spacers(don't get me started on the mags).

Lately, I have been toying around with the idea of buying a 3D Printer and one of the items I would like to make are the spacers. Does anyone know if Taurus has any licencing issues with third parties making those spacers for resale? As I understand, Taurus does not even offer a part number for that magazine spacer and it is almost impossible to find one unless you happen to find someone selling a magazine with one already included, which is near impossible these days.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I would think that since you can add things like Hogue grips to your pistol without affecting the warranty, spacers would be roughly the same kind of deal. Sounds like a good opportunity for you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I am trying to come up with a list of enough stuff to make to justify dropping the 5k on a good printer. Wish I could make the mags themselves. That would be sweet. I know there is a market for those right now.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
label as custom made spacers that fit the taurus model ????.What would get you if you advertised as taurus spacers thier name is what is trade marked i would not think the spacers were patented if so could be issue so they would need to be differnt some how cosmeticly

jhp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts