Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may or may not be worthy of a thread.

I was wondering if it is possible to get an extended mag release for the 24/7 line of guns. I don't really like how it is setup currently but I'm sure I could get used to it. I was planning on getting another release button and modifying it on my own since the lady I spoke with from Taurus says that they don't offer one. I guess time will tell. If I do end up modifying I will be sure to post any info, maybe even some pics.

Nate

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Unlike the 1911 type mag releases... the 24/7 and the MilPro mag release is a single piece of molded "plastic"... I can't imagine how you would modify the mag release to an extended type... other than somehow gluing aditional material. Of course, I've found that many folks here are much more creative than I am.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to get some 3M Panel Bonding adhesive. I used to use it to fix bumpers on used cars at a dealer I used to work for. If it can hold a boxside on a pickup together or I used to have a plastic headset that broke. I fixed it with the same stuff and it worked very well. Actually I thought it was better after I fixed it.

My plan is to take the new button and grind it down to about half its original size, basically narrow it. Prime it for the "glue" to hold. Make a mold for it to dry in and sand it down till it fit back in the hole. If there are any pinholes(which are common with the adhesive) I'd fill them with glaze then probably just spray paint it black and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Hmmm... sounds interesting... be sure that you take pictures in order to post when you are finished!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I actually do it I will definitely post as many pics as possible. It'll be a while to say the least. Not sure which gun I'm gonna get so I guess we'll see. Hopefully soon but probably not.

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts