Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got the 24/7 G2 9mm. So far I love it, one thing. The mag rattles when it's inserted. I haven't had any problems firing it... 300 rounds so far with no issues. Problem is that when I carry it rattles while I walk! Any way to fix this? The only thing I can think of is to put electrical tape around the bottom of the mag but something tells me that this isn't a great idea. All 5 of my mags do this.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Sing to the tempo. Seriously I never notice them things.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Don't make a problem where there ain't none

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I've had some of my MilPro mags that rattle, but found it was the ammo not the mag and if loaded short by one or two rds. rattle went away. Finally decided that I was probably the only one that noticed the rattle (like a squeaky holster) and went back to fully loaded. I've yet had anyone ask what the rattle was.

Of course, it could be my jingling spurs all we Texans wear that conceals the rattle!! LOL (j/k)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I put a band of black electrical tape around the bottom of all four of the mags for my 24/7 G2 9mm. They don't rattle but they still come out just as sweetly as ever. The O-rings sound like a more elegant solution to me though! I think I'll have to switch at least one and try out that method!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts