Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Taurus firearm, but I'm hoping for some help with identifying a magazine.

A friend of mine who owned a Beretta 92 was traveling and happened upon this magazine. It was sold to him and said to be for the Beretta. When he got home (quite some distance), he found that it would not work in the Beretta and it has sat on his bench ever since.

I can't find anything like it locally, but from what I can find on the internet it looks like a 15-rd magazine for the Taurus PT-92 made by ProMag.

If anyone can confirm or refute this, I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to help my friend find a new home for this magazine, and it would REALLY help to know exactly what it is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. In searching for information, I have seen pictures purporting to be PT-92 mags made by ProMag that have a small indentation just above the base plate on the right side. Anyone know if this is a variation based on year produced or does it maybe mean something else?

Like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I think the dent in there was to keep the spring and follower in line when the mag is fully loaded. Sometimes with ProMag's, when you fully load them the followers like to flop around and get wedged inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts